twenty-six

hi loves, pls comment throughout so i know what your thinking of this book! i love reading all of your thoughts <3

september 26th, 2019

after explaining to claudia what the fuck  happened with my mom and that girl. claudias on my side, of course. shes also extremely pissed off at finneas for letting the both of them talk to me like shit.

as she should honestly.

we are just sat in my room watching a movie. my family isn't ruining my plans for a movie night.

i hear a soft knock on the door.

"who is it?" i asked quietly.

the door opened to reveal finneas with a guilt ridden face.

"can i talk to you both please?"  he asked. claudia nodded and they both looked at me expectantly. i sighed. "yeah, sure, what do you want?" i asked. i'm still pissed off, can't lie.

"i'm sorry for not saying anything back there gabby, i shouldn't of let them speak to you that way. its not fair on you to have some girl turn up on your doorstep without warning. especially when you were looking forward to tonight. but you have to see it from billies point of view too. she would never want to upset you on purpose." he explained.

"why is she defending her then? instead of her daughter? shes meant to have my best interest at heart. not choose some random woman's side over me. its out of order." i said. i'm right. end of discussion.

"fin, baby, shes right. as much as i love billie, what she did was wrong and she needs to see that. gabby's not stupid. shes sixteen next week. she knows what shes talking about." clauds girl bossing as per usual.

"can we change the subject please?" i asked.

"so gabby, your birthdays on the 29th. any plans?"

"nope." i said popping the 'p'. "i've never celebrated my birthday before, i wouldn't know where to start."

"i am so planning you a party!! ahhh!! i love party planning!! sweet sixteen too. you have to have a party!" claudia blabbered.

me and fin laughed at her excitement.

"well, i mean its in 3 days, i don't know how your gonna plan a whole party in such a short period of time clauds." i said. "i don't really like my birthday anyway."

they both furrowed their eyebrows in confusion.

"i love my birthday!" fin exclaimed. "why don't you like yours?" he asked.

i sighed. "bad memories." i said trying not to cry.

to be honest a lot of fucked up shit always happens the week of my birthday. i always dread it.

"well i'll make sure this birthday has no bad memories gabby. i promise you." she said.

"okay, i trust you. thank you." i replied.

i'm still completely against the idea of a party. i know they wont take no for an answer so i'm just hoping its a small get together with the o'connells.

its all too overwhelming to think about. i'm so tired of everything. when will my life start to get better? this is becoming a recurring question at this point.

me, claudia and finneas ended up watching the rest of the movie together.

"does she seem nice fin?" i asked.

"if i'm going to be honest, no." he replied sighing. "she never really has the best taste when it comes to relationships."

i nodded my head in acknowledgment.

"why did billie even think it was a good idea inviting her over? this is meant to be a family night. i know im not actually family but still. i love you all like i am your family." i said.

"you are family gabby." finneas said.

"maybe not by blood but by choice. thats a really special thing bug." claudia added. "you are the missing piece to the o'connell puzzle."

"we will always be here for you gabby." he said.

he kissed mine and claudias foreheads and headed downstairs.

i chose to stay up here with claudia and for the rest of the night we cuddled and watched the tv.

at least i know two people are on my side.