┊16. Bye Bye Therapist

"What happened?" I ask as Leonardo lays down on my bed

"What happened?" I ask as Leonardo lays down on my bed. "I told my mom she's a-a moron..." he stutters. Leonardo looks like he's about to cry. I've never seen him like this. "Why?" I'm taking my two days of therapy advice and using it on Leonardo.

My therapist died, I didn't drop out. No worries.

"She wants to go see my dad... I told her not to and, uhm, it got worse..." Tears are falling down his cheeks signaling that this is a touchy subject at the moment. "Here," I say handing him my tv remote, "pick something." This is yet another one of my spur of the moment Target buys.

In my defense though, wouldn't you rather support target then James Charles?

Leonardo clicks on Chicago Med and hands me the remote back. He might be a bitch but at least he has good taste.

We're two episodes in and Leonardo hasn't stopped crying. "What if she hates me now? You know how bad I-I feel? I don't want her to hate me, please don't let her hate me!" His tears quickly turn into tiny sobs, as he-probably much like me-imagines the worst.

I sigh before mumbling "sit up," It takes him a few seconds before he obeys and sits up. I slide behind him and pull his head back down right below my heart. He gets comfortable before I start to gently trace the alphabet through his hair.

"What are you doing?" He sniffles. Making sure you keep the one good parent you have. "This helps Jayden calm down, you just have to relax." I whisper, tracing the letter 'c' through his hair.

He stays silent as we go back to watching the show. We're currently on episode 4 of season 5 (the infection, Part II)

"How could someone do something like that? I'm a bitch but I'd never do something like that." Leonardo sniffles again. I softly hit the side of his head, "stop saying that. You messed up, everyone does, at least you have time to apologize..." I mumble the last part.

Leonardo doesn't say anything, we just sit in silence for a minute. "Bella?" "Hm?" I hum, "why are you doing this?" "You're drunk Leonardo." I state. "You didn't answer."

I take a deep breath. Why am I even thinking about telling him? "You have a mom who cares, you should keep it that way, even if it means I have to help you." He lets out a pained laugh, "yeah, I should. How would you react though?"

"React to what?"

"You're kid ran away and then he shows up home drunk as fuck." How would I react to that? "I don't know. You're hiding it quite well though."

"Experience." He whispers just loud enough for me to hear. This conversation obviously isn't cheering him up, "how did Nick and Enzo become a thing?" I ask. At this point we're both whispering, I don't know why but it's calming.

A small smile falls on Leonardo's face, "I don't even know. Enzo just walked in one day freaking out about their date." "That's sweet,"

"Yeah, he spent that whole week making sure he looked perfect and then he came home that night and talked about how sweet Nick was."