┊24. Pity

One thing I absolutely hate is pity

I don't understand why people waste their time pretending to feel bad for someone only to stab them in the back a week later.

It's pointless.

If you really felt bad you would ask how to help with the problem, not just talk to me in that annoying baby voice and tell me "it's what you signed up for" or "it's apart of the job."

I've heard those sentences to many times to count.

And at this point it's just another thing for me to block out. That and just about anything Matt says.

"Seriously, drop it." I tell Leonardo who has a disgusting look of pity on his face. He puts his hands up in surrender, "fine. Now are we going to figure this out or what?"

I give Leonardo a confused look, "the cook book?" "Oh. Yeah, uh, we might as well" I stutter turning back to the cookbook.

 Yeah, uh, we might as well" I stutter turning back to the cookbook

I really regret telling Bella I know what I'm doing. Looking at this book is confusing the shit out of me. "Thought you said you know Spanish Mr. Smart guy." Bella teases, "I said I knew Spanish Bella, not know." I reply leaning on the counter.

Bella shakes her head, "you should have been more specific."

"How?" I'm so fucking confused. Bella shakes her head and shuts the book. "I don't care about this anymore, the guys are almost here." I nod and follow Bella up the stairs, parting at the top to go to our rooms.

I walk into the bathroom and take a quick shower before grabbing a hoodie and shorts to wear.

Quickly throwing the outfit on I walk down the stairs just as the front door slams shut. When I reach the bottom I see Nick and Enzo all kissy face, Elsie whispering something to Bella, and Jayden, Matt, and Chris talking.

"Hey Leo," Elsie says smiling. "Why are we greeting each other? I did not spend who knows how long on a plane just so we can sit here and greet each other like it's the 60s!" Matt says, strutting over to the living room.