┊25. Power Couple Material

"So," Elsie says as the front door shuts

"So," Elsie says as the front door shuts. "Soooo?" I drag. "You and Leo." She starts. Shit. "What about us?" Play dumb, play dumb, play dumb. Elsie gives me a knowing look. "Just tell me!"

"There's nothing for me to tell you." I say, walking down the empty road. Elsie lets out a squeal, "just say it!" "What am I supposed to say?" That I'm falling for your brother.

"Izzy!" Elsie groans dramatically. "Just say the words. It's obvious already! Just put it out into the world!" She says, dramatically using her free hand to motion to the empty road ahead.

I shake my head. "We're nothing but friends." That just coincidentally sleep cuddled up next to each other at night. But besides that we're totally cool. Chill? Good?

I don't know!

"Friends that look at each other like they're the only one in the room? I don't buy it."

"I don't look at him like that!" I defend. Elsie smirks, "who said anything about you looking at him? Could be the other way around you know."

I shake my head. "He doesn't look at me that way either."

"Whatever you say." Elsie pauses, "you two would be cute together though. Definitely power couple material."

"Elsie!" I groan. She puts her free hand up in surrender. "Fine. Just know, I'm the one who called it."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

The front door shuts behind Elsie and I. The second I look ahead I'm meet with smoke. Not a lot. Just enough to be considered smoke and not a layer of fog.

"Izzy! My dear, dear sister. How-" I cut Nick off, "gently" shoving pass him and into the chaos of the kitchen.

When I enter I'm met with pure chaos. Except for Leonardo who is just standing in the corner watching the mess unfold. Normally I would say something to help my brothers but, there's no actual danger. No fire, no problem. Right?

I quietly move a good 4 feet away from Leonardo. Just to make sure Elsie doesn't get any more ideas. It's not like I really lied to her though.

I mean Leonardo and I aren't together. I would hardly call us friends. I mean friends with a cuddling benefit maybe. But then again Jayden could have easily said something to Leonardo about me before he left.

That's the thing with trust issues. Sometimes you want something to be real when it's not or you think something's real when you don't want it to be.

Right now, I'm feeling more like the first one.

I want Leonardo to feel the same way about me as I do about him but I know that there's no way in hell he does. He was probably only nice to me while my brothers were gone. Now that their back, it'll all be gone.

The comfort, the safety, the trust.

It's probably a relief for him if I'm being honest. I mean who would want to deal with someone as pathetic as me?

I can't even fall asleep alone.

What does that say to future boyfriends? "Oh look, it's the girl who can't even sleep without having fucked up thoughts. Don't date her."

Not really the impression I want to give people y'know?

"How do you mess popcorn up that bad?" Elsie asks, breaking me from my train of thought. "That's popcorn?" I ask. Matt slightly jumps, implying that I startled him. "Yes Izzy, it is. Have anything to say about it?"

I peer onto the stovetop.

"I think you forgot the pop in popcorn." I say, looking at the charcoal black kernels. "You definitely didn't forget the heat though." I add. Matt scoffs, fanning away the excess smoke with his hand.

"I think it was just defective." Matt states. "What was, your lack of intelligence?" I ask. "Ok, ok, ok! "Lets not argue. I don't know about you guys but I'm exhausted so I'm taking a nap." Nick says. His plan to change the topic works when everyone else agrees and heads up to their rooms.

Without cleaning up their mess by the way.

I internally gag as I take the popcorn remains and throw them in the trash. "You know you don't have to do that right? They can clean up their own mess." Leonardo says. I nod my head, "I know they can."

"Then why do you clean up after them?" He asks as we make our way up the stairs. "The smell gives me a headache." I explain.

I don't get a response.

Leonardo just simply nods his head and turns off towards his room. I do the same, holding the door open for Simba and Milo. Once they're in, I shut the door.

Damn I need a nap.

**✿❀ ❀✿**
Chapter: 25
Words: 819
posted: 10/26/22 6:30 pm

**✿❀ ❀✿**Chapter: 25Words: 819posted: 10/26/22  6:30 pm

Follow the Socials
TikTok: 1800feelings1
Instagram: 1800.feelings, izzy_eastwood1, and leonardo.smith01

Thank you so much for giving my story a shot!