┊22. My arms

"Go to sleep Bella, I got you

"Go to sleep Bella, I got you."

"Promise?" She asks, holding out her pinky, "I promise." I assure, locking our fingers together. She gives our fingers one last look before she unhooks out fingers and curls up next to me, placing her head on my chest as she closes her ocean blue eyes and drifts off to sleep.

Her breathing slows and her body softens into mine.

I've never realized how tense she is during the day until right now. She looks to peaceful right now, like there's nothing wrong. But during the day she masks it.

She doesn't want anyone worrying.

That's why I told her it was late. I didn't want her worrying about whatever it is stressing her out. I wanted her to relax. She only got a few hours of sleep last night; three hours max.

So that's why I told her it was late when it's only 9:15.

She needs the rest, and if that means I have make some pinky promise with her, I'll do it in a heartbeat.

"Good night Bella," I whisper, "get some rest, you deserve it."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

I wake up in the morning thirsty as fuck. I sit up, stretch my arms, and start to pull Bella off me. But the second I start to move her she lets out a small whimper and holds onto me tighter.

I smile as I gently pick Bella up and rest her head on my shoulder.

I promised I would keep her safe, that's all I'm doing. Not that I mind holding her. She just feels right in my arms. She fits perfectly.

Opening the extremely neat refrigerator-that was obviously Bella's doing-I pull out a bottle of water, twist the top off, and drink it.

I throw away the empty bottle and make my way to the living room, careful to not wake Bella up in the process. Carefully picking up the blanket, I sit down and cover Bella back up.

Grabbing my phone off the side table I place one hand in her hair and the other I use to scroll through my phone.

A few minutes go by of me just aimlessly scrolling through Instagram until I get a message from Elsie.

El:
Are u up?

Me:
Yes?

El:
Is Izzy?

Me:
No why