┊18. Wooden spoon

"I'm not third wheeling your date Matt

"I'm not third wheeling your date Matt." I state. Nick finally commits to Enzo and now Matt thinks he needs a girlfriend. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. "Come on! Please!" He begs. "No! Get someone else to help you."

"Fine." Matt says, stomping off.

I walk into the kitchen to grab an energy drink when my mother walks in.

She's home?

That's a first.

"Just so you know the neighbors will be staying over for a few weeks." Huh? "Why?" She gives me a look, a look I hate, a look I've gotten for years. "I don't need to tell you why! This is my house! I can invite over anyone I please."

"My money pays for the house and the bills. It would really suck if that all went away huh?" I ask. Normally I wouldn't bring money into a conversation but money's the only thing she cares about. Bitch pushes two kids out and can't stand either of them.

"You're a bitch!" She spits, walking out of the kitchen. Takes one to know one I guess.

"AY! SHUT UP BEFORE I SIT YOU ALL DOWN IN A CIRCLE AND GIVE YOU A FUCKING WOODEN SPOON TO SPEAK!"

That's the first thing my siblings and I hear when we step inside the neighbors house. "What's happening?" Elsie whisper the me and Enzo. "I don't know" Enzo shrugs. "Bye baby's I'll miss you!" Mom says kissing each of our heads and leaving.

"I can take your bags upstairs, go hangout with the kids." Their mom says. I mumble a thanks as my siblings and I walk towards the kitchen.

"Why are we cutting blueberries, more importantly why are we cutting blueberries with a spoon?" Bella asks as we walk in. "Can you stop yelling at me!" Matt fake sobs.

Nick shakes his head, obviously catching Enzo in the process because his eyes light up and he walks over to him, pulling him into a kiss.

It's fucking gross.

I hear the sound of gaging coming from Matt as he dramatically doubles over. "Back to the food!" Bella says quickly, turning on her heals. "What're you making?" Elsie asks. Bella looks at the oven confused. "Something..." she nods.