┊27. Coping mechanism

"Although it's a terrible situation, I am glad I get to spend my best friends birthday with her

"Although it's a terrible situation, I am glad I get to spend my best friends birthday with her." Amelia says, smiling through the screen.

I'm flying out to Italy in a week.

Don't get me wrong I love Italy. It's my home. But I've been dreading this trip for years. And by years I mean ever since I learned about what an inheritance actually was.

So roughly 10 years.

I'm turning 18 this year which means I get my dad's inheritance. It also means I need to fly out to Italy to collect it or whatever the fancy word is.

There's always a fancy word when it comes to shit like this.

"Mhm," I mumble, knowing that if I don't respond I'll be getting a year long lecture about how I need to 'think happy thoughts' or 'focas on the positives' not like there's any to think about anyways.

Amelia knows that I absolutely hate the idea of all of this. Jayden knows it too. He felt the same way when we went a year ago to collect his inheritance.

It was terrible. I spent the entire time we were there crying. It was just another reminder that he's gone and it's all my fault.

"Excuse you. Put that attitude away before I make you." Amelia threatens. Normally I would have some smart ass remark but I'm so exhausted it's not even worth it.

I feel queasy.

Like I'm about to spill my guts at any moment. My head hurts from all this stress and my stomach hurts because I'm to stressed to eat.

Not like I need to gain anymore weight in the first place.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

I hate packing.

I might have said that before.

Oh well.

I'm currently laying on my bed with Simba and Milo. Simba is laying at-correction on my feet while Milo is resting beside me.

I need a fucking nap. And a bottle of ibuprofen. And my dad. And a hug. Maybe a hug. I don't even like hugs but the feeling of comfort sounds really appealing right now.

"Plan on moping around all day?" Jayden asks, peaking his head through my door. "Is it an option?" I ask. Jayden shakes his head walking fully into my room closing the door behind him.

"You know you can talk to me right?" Jayden asks, his voice soft. "Mhm." He sits on my bed. "You know you can trust me right?" Kids asking to many damn questions. "I'm aware."

"Then why do you never talk to me about stuff like this? Fuck Izzy, how long did it take me to figure out about your insomnia? How long were you in pain without anyone to talk to?" He rants, his voice slowly turning upset.