┊28. Helpless

(TW: Panic attack)

(TW: Panic attack)

When I walk back inside, I'm met with the faint sound of crying. It takes me all of two seconds to find out who's crying.

I'm up the stairs in seconds, barging into Bella's room and pulling her to me. "What's wrong gorgeous? Talk to me." Her cries become sobs as she buries her head into me. Her tears almost immediately getting absorbed by my sweatshirt.

I don't know what's happening. Whenever Elsie cries it's just some tears and she's done. But this? Fuck. Bella's shaking.

"Fuck" I whisper. "It's ok, I got you now. Let it out." I mumble, one hand holding her head and the other drawing big circles on her back.

I don't know what to do. I feel so fucking helpless; just sitting here letting her be in pain without anyone to stop whatever is going on inside her head.

"Breathe Bella, you need to breathe." I mumble. She shakes her head. "No, you can do it. Listen to me Bella, in and out. You got it."

Her breaths start coming out unevenly at first until they slow to a normal rhythm. I sit quietly, my hand resting on her back as Bella's last tears fall.

"Good?" I murmur. "mhm," Bella mumbles, snuggling deeper into me. "I go home tomorrow." I say. I don't know why I said it. She already knew that I was leaving. It wasn't anything new.

"I know." She mumbles.

Looking over at the clock I see it's almost 1:30.

How long has she been crying?

"Tired?" She shakes her head but the long yawn she does after answers the question for her. I try to stand up but all that comes of it is my girl tightening her grip on me.

"I just need to change. I don't want you inhaling the cigarette smell." I assure her. She lets me go and as I stand up, I can just barely make out her tear stained cheeks.

I swoop down and place a gentle kiss on her forehead before I leave the room.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

I wake up to the sound of my phone going off.

Elsie:
1 image
Not your girlfriend huh?

Clicking on the image is a photo of me and Bella cuddling together. Elsie must have came in Bella's room for something and saw us.

Speaking of Bella, she's still asleep, which only half surprises me. She must be exhausted from last night's panic attack but then again she a morning person.

I gently tuck a piece of hair behind her ear before getting out of bed.

When I wake up in the morning, I'm still in Leonardo's arms

When I wake up in the morning, I'm still in Leonardo's arms. One arm is draped around me and the other is typing on his phone.

"Morning, gorgeous." He says.

Gorgeous.

The same thing he called me last night.

And he kissed me.

It was only on the forehead, but when you're already falling for someone, it's the little things they do that start to matter more.

"Morning," I mumble, wiping the sleep from my eyes. Leonardo laughs, "you look like a lion." "Shut up," I murmur "lions are cute."

"Some of 'em are." Leonardo agrees as cuddle up next to him.

This man is a personal heater I swear.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

(2 days later)

A high pitched scream startles the room as Jayden and I enter Amelia's parents house. "IZA!" Amelia screams, pulling me into a hug.

"Oh, hey Jayden. Nice to see you too!" Jayden mocks in a high pitched tone. "Mhm, yeah." Amelia agrees, dismissing Jayden completely as she drags me into the living room.

"Ella, my sweet girl!" Amelia's mom Sofia says hugging me. Sofia is like another mother to me and I adore being around her. "Who let this one in?" Marco groans getting of the couch.

"Oh please, you were watching out the window waiting for me to get here." I tease. Marco is my dad's best friend and probably the only reason I have an amazing sense of humor, although I would never tell him that.

"I was not!" He objects.

"You totally were." I laugh.

**✿❀ ❀✿**
Chapter: 28
Words: 7:43
posted: 11/16/22 10:40  pm

Uhm, so I totally forgot I didn't have any pre written chapters so I did this all in an hour!

Anyway I love this chapter and I love Leo

Follow the Socials
TikTok: 1800feelings1
Instagram: 1800.feelings, izzy_eastwood1, and leonardo.smith01

Thank you so much for giving my story a shot!