Chapter 17 - Scars & Bruises

Leila's pov-

I slowly flutter my eyes open. I'm in my room. How did they—- I swear I didn't faint.

Did they put some sleeping medicine in me. I try to sit up but that was a mistake because pain rushed through my body like crazy.

I look down and see I'm in white tank top and some shorts. OH MY ALLAH!!!

My eyes widen

"AHH" I screamed really loud. Who changed my cloth. Did that pervert do this. How can he be this—

"LEILA!!" I hear two voices say at the same time. I look over and see Ondina and Amaris. They came inside and Amaris came to be fast and checked my forehead if I have a fever.

I breathed heavily. "What am I wearing!" I yelled again and they look at each other and start to laugh.

"Chill Leila, the doctor said you need to change your cloth because you were getting stitches and after it needs to be untouched. Especially from fabric. So you needed to wear this. We changed you." Ondina said as she sat down next to me.

"Yeah don't worry dear" I hear Amaris said and got out some medicine looking thing.

"Oh.." I said lowly. That makes more sense. I thought—— well you don't wanna know.

Oh god. Memories of the dog attack came to my mind. I immediately got chills. Then I remember Damien saving me.

Yes. He saved me.

Thank you my allah! I thought I would die.

"You know Leila...you should of seen what he did to that dog. It was insane!" Ondina said while playing with her bracelet.

What does she mean? I already saw him fighting that dog. What more did he do?

"What did he do?" I say in a low tone. They both look at each other and then back at me.

"He killed the dog" my eyes widen at Ondinas words. He killed the dog!?!!?
I don't know how to feel about this. Killing is a bit to— the dog tried to kill me though.

"Yeah. He was so mad. He even fired half of the bodyguards involved into this." Amaris said softly.

What? He fired people too! Now I feel really bad. Because of me so many people lost their jobs. Trying to feed their family.

"Oh no...I don't think..that's okay..it's all my fault.." I said looking at them and they sighed.

"Let's change the subject. You lost lots of blood. Not good for your iron deficiency too. Your husband literally hired the best doctor in the world." Ondina said in a sad tone.

I'm going to be honest and it's not a good honest. I'd rather let it kill me. I'm better off dead. I know it's haram to think like this but...what can I do!! I'm literally held hostage!

I didn't respond and Amaris started to speak.

"Leila you could most literally go into a coma if your health doesn't get better or you loose any more blood." Maybe I should care a little. They care.

"I hope you care about your health Leila" Ondina said placing her hand on my thigh. And I sniff looking away.

"I do" I said simply and tried not to cry.

"If...you're feeling a bit sad..I have noticed...king can get a therapist we can talk to him—" Amaris started but I shake my head making her stop.

King?

Who is king—- oh it's Damien.

Why do they call him king and call me queen. It's so weird!!

"I don't n-need therapy...I-I'm okay" I said looking at Amaris and Ondina. I once told my dad if I can have one and he hit me. He said therapy is a bad thing and if anyone ever knew I said this, they would talk behind our backs.