Chapter 35 - Eating Disorder

(TW: VERY sensitive words, abusive content! Mental abuse content)

Leila's pov -

"NO LEILA! What are you doing!" She yelled at me and pushed me. I look down at the food that's cooking.

(Their talking in Pashto. I don't really feel like doing all that..sorry)

"But mama you said add masala.." I spoke quietly and she shook her head mad and stir the food. "I said add masala not the whole damn box!" She spoke mad.

"How will you cook for your future husband" she said mad and i furrowed my eyebrows.

"Husband?" I said looking at her. She looked at me and rolled her eyes.

"Yes! Your father wants you to get married. You're 11 right now right?" I nod as she spoke.
I wiped my sweat. It's really hot.

"Then maybe at 17 or 18. All up to your father. And listen, don't even think about denying anything your future husband tells you. Men are superior. Women are not supposed to say one word. People will talk." She said stop stirring and looked at me.

"If they hit you or force anything. You take it like a wife should. You have no rights to say anything." She said and I nodded a bit confused.

"Mama what if t-they are trying to kill me?" I said nervously. She pushed me with the hot stirring spoon. I hissed and move back.

"Then you just have to deal with it! He's a man and you're a women. You cook and clean! That's what you're living for. Allah gave me you so you can help your mother cook and clean." She said.

"W-what if it's not someone I love" I said looking down. She gasped. "Who told you this! If your father heard of this he will kill me and you! Don't ever say this stuff! Go clean. You won't eat today for your foolishness." She said madly.

"I will tell Adam to lock you in the room today! You're always bad Leila! I wish I had two sons. When you were born everyone was sad because you were a girl. We almost gave you away but it is haram!" She yelled and pushed me out the tiny tiny kitchen.

I slowly walked away.

Don't cry. Just be a good girl and make your parents proud. Don't cry.

Adam scares me. And I was trying so bad to be good to get some food. Why do I make so many mistakes. I wish to make my mama and papa proud. Inshallah the future is bright for all.

I then go to the bathroom to get ready for prayer.

I jolted up, a nightmare.

I looked around the room. The lights are off. No no. I'm back home! Mama and papa have found out!

They locked me in the room again. But why is the bed comfortable. No no shh. I started to cry harder though.

I clench my hands into fists. I can't face my parents now. They are disappointed. They are mad. They are upset.

Im not supposed to upset my parents.

Do I ever get to see Damien again? Will he come back to me?

I ran away so now he send me to my parents. Will I wake up tomorrow?

How many hits this time. I can take at least three. I hope they stick to three. Unless it's a whip. Them I don't know..

I cry louder and the door slammed open.
I flinched and look up but stopped crying immediately. My heart felt like it was pumping again.