Chapter 30 - uneasy

Leila's pov -

"Aren't you hungry?" I hear Amaris said while cleaning the room. I just shake my head. She just frowns and stopped what she was doing and sat on the bed next to me.

"Are you okay?" She said softly and placed a hand on my lap. I just froze and stared at her.

Say yes

"Yes I'm fine.." I said in a low voice. She just stares at me in a very worried expression. "Listen—" she was interrupted by the door. Her eye brows furrowed And she stood up and opened the door.

I don't know why but I got scared. There stood Erick. With a glass of water and some medicine without a label.

He said some thing to Amaris and she nods and takes it. Then she closed the door and placed the things on the night table.

"What's that?" I said looking at the water and medicine.

"You're going to get a doctor check in a few days so before it king wants you to take a pill from this and some water.

I just nodded slowly...

"I don't really understand I thought he was at work.." Amaris said to herself making me more confused.

"Take these...listen if you're in need of something pease tell me." She said smiling and head to the door.

"A-Amaris.." I said mumbling and she looked back at me smiling. "Thanks..you and Ondina are one o-of my best friends I never had.." I said with tears forming in my eyes.

Is this my last conversation with her?

Yes

"Aww sweetie thank you! But you are such a sweetheart yourself. We are always here for you" she said smiling and opened the door to leave. "Good night.." she said smiling and shut the door.

Goodnight...

Yes I spend the whole day on this bed. Ondina and Amaris did come in time to time but Ondina..I don't see her that much.

Maybe she's busy with work.

She hates you too

The thought of that makes me sad. The other night..with the screaming downstairs. Was that Ondina? No no it was someone else.

But why were there screaming.

I looked at the keys in my hands under the blanket.

Now

Tears blocked my vision. I slowly move the blanket and walked to the balcony doors slowly. This is painfully confusing.

My throat feels so dry. I close my eyes and look at the water. Just a little water I go to the glass and slowly drink some water.

I put the glass down and turned around. I approached the door and get the keys and slowly unlocked it.

I hear a click and a smile formed. It works!

I opened it and stepped outside. The wind hits my face. I go to the railings and held it and closed my eyes as tears fall.

Just jump

I need to do this. But deep down I know I want someone to step in this room and say stop it.

As I look down I see I'm really high up. What if I survive. What if papa and mama find out I tried to do this and they hurt me.

I whimpered and step back.

I don't wanna make another mistake.

JUMP!

I don't know why but my legs start to move in it's own and my head was just doing one things. Talk.

It's normal. I'm normal. Everything's normal. I'm okay.

I step and slowly climb the railing and sat on the top. I see many guards look at me and start to move towards me. It's very hard to see but I can see.

I just close my eyes. I hear yelling but I can't tell if it's real or not.

Wait.. am I dreaming? Is this real or fake.

Jump and we'll know

If I'm just dreaming I will wake up.

"Baby doll?" I hear a deep voice. I turn my body around and see Damien. I don't know why but a weight lifted off my shoulder.

He came towards me.

"Baby doll we have chairs high enough to see the view. Don't sit on this you will fall my love" he said chuckling and held his hand out to help me off.

Just jump anyways!

I looked at his hand and up at him controlling my sobs. I whimpered and nod.

How does it feel to make yet another mistake?

I just shake my head but gasped as I lost my balance. And fell back.

"AH!" I scream feeling myself fall back fast but two arms caught me fast and pulled me off immediately.

My breathing goes uneasy. I looked up at him and he looked mad. He picked me up and head back inside and I breathed slowly to not cry.

He picked me up and set me on his lap and I sniff softly.

"Give me the keys doll" he said taking his hand out and I shake my head. He sighs and rested his hand on my lap but I pushed it away.

"Baby doll keys" he said softly and I shake my head. He rubbed his temple and nods.

"Fine. Drink some water" he said softly and takes the glass but looks at the pills confused.

"Did you eat those?" He said taking the pills and looking at it.

I just looked at him with tears still in my eyes.

"N-no" I said. Was he mad that I didn't eat it.

Yes

"Baby doll..these aren't your pills" he said in between his teeth like he's furious.

———
I hope you like the book. It's going to get ahh from here. <3

- opinions?