Chapter 54 - Family Fear

WOMENS BODY THEIR CHOICE!

MY BODY MY BUSINESS!
———

Leila's pov -

"Damien let go" I said sternly and boldly trying to let his hands off of me but it only tighten. "Doll I think I like you here" he said.

I stared at my phone and hesitated before picking it up. "Who is it?" I hear Damien say. I look at him and back at the phone. What do I even say at this point.

"I—uh wait.." I mumble with a shaky voice. I click the pick up call and put the phone to my right ear.

Deep breaths Leila.

I can do this...

"Hello?" I hear a familiar guy voice say. I tried to get off Damien's lap but he squeezed my thighs and pulled me closer to him.

I slap his hands but just gave up. I paid my attention to the voice I haven't heard in such a long time. "S-Salam" I said in a whisper tone.

A small silence was heard but a mad voice spoke through the lines. "Leila. Is this
L-Laila?" I hear Adam asked unsure. My breathing was excelling. I can feel my palms go sweaty.

A knot formed in my throat. I looked at Damien who was playing with my opened hair. He brushed his long tattooed fingers through my long curly hair. It was soothing.

His eyes met mine and winked. He's so-

"Y-yeah it's me" I said with a shaky voice about to cry out. Tears slowly formed blocking my vision.

"Do you— do you fucking know the stress we went through to find this damn number? You changed your number! Do you know what people are saying Leila?" He said in pure anger in his tone.

I gulped and clenched my fists on my dress. He couldn't ask, 'are you okay? Are you safe? Are you hurt? I miss you' maybe it's always like this with everyone.

"I-I'm sorry—" I was cut off by his harsh voice again. "Leila I will kill you! Tell me what happened! Where are you!" How do I even answer him.

"I.." I couldn't even respond. "SPEAK DAMN IT!" He yelled making me jump slightly. I can feel drained warm hands around my waist. He leaned in and kissed my neck pushing my hair aside.

"I don't t-think I can t-tell you.." I said with tears slowly falling. I can hear him curse in Pashto. I bit down on my lips not letting my sob escape.

"Papa wala." I hear him say. I feel my heart clench. No no no no! Not papa! He's scary! I let out a whimper. "Doll.." I hear Damien say and put his hand on my cheek and slowly placed a kiss on it.

"What's wrong.." he whispered and I shook my head. "S-shh!" I said looking away from him eyes.

"Hello..?" I hear my papa speak. I can feel my anxiety increase. I can't take this tension. "P-papa S-Salam.." I said with tears falling to my cheek.

"Is this how your mother raised you." He said calmly but coldly. It made me shiver. "N-no papa..I w-will explain..I didn't want to decide this. I-I was supposed to go home but—" I continued but he cut me off.

"But you ran away" he said rougher now. I wipe my tears and shake my head. "No papa I-I didn't. I would never" I said softly trying my best to convince him.

"Okay then, where are you." He said and I can hear him doing something. "Zains family had a fight with us but they wanted to agree something with us. And we agreed once you come home we will tell you. Don't think you're going to get away with this. Wait till you get home." He said in a angry voice and slowly raising his voice.