Hush Hush

Demi's POV

I let my lips let go of hers, pressing them together as I pulled away. My eyes were closed, and I was unsure of whether or not to open them just yet. As usual, my body decided to react before my mind and my eyes opened, revealing Lia's focused directly into mine. Our eyes were burning into each others souls, making it seem like the room was over heating. I grabbed my train of thought and pulled it back to Lia, my eyes properly focusing on hers. Her lip flinched slightly and I could tell she was about to say something. I watched as her lips parted the slightest bit, and I put my finger against her lips, stopping her.

"Sh." I hushed her, before moving my finger, and pressing my hand against her cheek, giving me more support to push myself towards her, and connect our lips again. My lips were firm against hers, but the kiss remained soft, gentle, slow. We held it for a few seconds, before our lips began to move in perfect sync, slowly, cautiously. I exhaled through my nose, not wanting to let go. My entire body had been taken over by the overwhelming feeling of relief, combined with eccentric panic, and lust. I moved my hand from her cheek to the back of her head, my fingers tangling in her long, dark chocolate hair, lightly pulling her into me, adding more pressure to our lips, deepening the kiss. It was heating up, and for a first kiss it probably shouldn't be. Being cautious of Lia, and her feelings at this moment, I let my hand drop and pulled away, this time with my eyes open, watching her with hers closed. She opened them slowly and took a small breath, I could see she was trying to hide her slight panting, but I could hear both our heartbeats like it was playing in my ears. She bit down on her bottom lip, her eyes focusing back to my lips, then flitting back up to meet my eyes.

"Um.." She quietly hummed. I blinked and looked at her lips.

"..I had to..just.." I stammered, unable to find my words. She bit back down on her lip again, but this time in an attempt to compress a smile. Failing to do so, her mouth formed a beautiful, white smile, and she rolled onto her back and covered her face with her arms.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked her, my voice barely even a whisper. She didn't answer, just remained laying with her arms crossed over her face. She shook her head and exhaled deeply.

"I don't think you understand how long I've wanted that to happen.." She whispered back, moving an arm to look at me with one eye. I felt my face burn up completely. Has she been reading my mind?"I think..actually I do..because since that first coffee date we had I've wanted to.." I admitted, feeling my face only become redder. Good job the room was dimly lit. She grinned and covered her face again, which I didn't like. I reached up to her elbow and pulled it away from her face with my hand.

"I want to see your face don't hide from meee!" I whined, still keeping my voice low. She giggled and let her arm drop, and her head turned back to me.

"You're so beautiful, Lia." I whispered, taking in her beauty. She hid her face in the pillows and giggled, knowing it would annoy me. I pushed her shoulder, rolling her over onto her back and climbing onto her so I was sat on her thighs.

"There, now you can't hide away." I said confidently, as I kept her held down. She smirked and lifted her arms, letting them fall over her face. Damn it. I grabbed her wrists and pulled them up, then held them down beside her head so she was trapped under my grip. My body was leaning down now as I had reached to keep her from hiding. I tried so hard to keep my eyes from wandering down to her lips. It had only been a few minutes but I longed for that electric feeling of her lips against mine.

"We should sleep.." I whispered, carefully climbing off Lia and laying back on my side of the bed. She sighed and turned to me.

"Kiss me." She said, her voice still hushed, but slightly louder, clearer. I turned my head and saw she was looking at me. Without hesitation I shifted myself towards her, closing the gap between us, put my hand against her face and pressed my lips to hers, immediately feeling the spark again. Our lips synced perfectly as the kiss deepened, both Lia and I pulling each other into it. I breathed out through my nose, but didn't pull away, but was pulled by my waist against Lia's body by her free hand. I was unaware of how long our lips had been connected, but considering how hot it was under these covers and the increasingly heavy breathing from both of us, I assumed it had been quite a while. I felt Lia's grip around my body loosen, and she let our kiss drift away, with just a slight brush of hers against mine before she pulled away properly.

"Hmm.." She hummed. I bit my lip and furrowed my eyebrow a little, wondering what that was for.

"We should sleep.." She repeated my words. I smiled and nodded, watching her lay back comfortably. She turned onto her side, facing the other way to me, so I shuffled closer to her, my body pressed to her back, and I put one arm round her waist, letting it rest there.

"Feel like being my little spoon?" I whispered in her ear. I felt her smile and she looked up at me, a huge smile on her face, and nodded.

"Good," I said, laying back properly and holding her close to me. "Night princess." I whispered, and let myself fall into the best sleep I've had for a long time.