Missed

Lia's POV

I walked down the stairs into the kitchen, wearing a shirt of Demi's and underwear. I never liked to wear much when I slept. It was around 10am, I had a shift at work from 12pm until 6pm, so being able to sleep until later in the morning was something I rarely got to do. What I'd learnt from working at TopShop was that I had to be a morning person, no matter what. But when it came to days off with no plans, I could sleep throughout the whole day. My body worked in a mysterious way.

"Slut." I heard a mutter from behind me as I pulled a mug out of the cabinet and put it under the coffee machine. I turned on my heel to find the one and only Sapphire Leigh Conway, sat on the couch with her legs crossed, wearing sweatpants and a baggy tank top, her unnatural dark red hair tied up in a bun on top of her head.

"Excuse me?" I squinted my eyes at her.

"Do you ever wear clothes to bed?" She asked me, getting up and tugging at her sweatpants. She headed over to me and looked me up and down.

"Sorry is this not clothing?" I pulled on the bottom of Demi's ACDC shirt hanging from my body. She jumped back a little and turned her head away.

"Jesus don't pull it up I don't need to see you naked!" She squealed. My head jolted forwards slightly, and I raised my eyebrows.

"Saph I have underwear on.." I lowered my voice. She turned back to me and loosened up.

"Oh. Couldn't tell." She mumbled and wandered back to the couch. I shook my head and turned back to make my coffee.

I sat down on the couch beside Saph, clutching my coffee in my hands.

"You were up pretty late last night." Saph said, her eyes not moving from her phone.

"I guess, how did you know that?" I asked her, wondering how she could tell when her room was downstairs and mine was up.

"I could hear music and stuff, assumed it wasn't my parents since they're out of town." She told me.

"Oh, I didn't know you could hear.." I said quietly, realising that I'd been playing louder than I thought last night.

"I didn't mind it was nice, was it something Demi sent you? New songs?" She looked up and smirked at me. I laughed and shook my head.

"No, it wasn't her new songs are completely confidential. I wrote it." I lowered my voice at the end of my sentence, not wanting her to hear me.

"You're writing again?" She said after a few seconds of digesting the information.

I used to write songs all the time. When I first moved in with Saph when I was 14, I wrote so many, expressing the pain I felt that I couldn't talk about. Creating these songs helped me let go of things that were dragging me down. I only ever wrote when my feelings were overwhelming me. Saph knew that, and I knew that she would get that impression from knowing I was writing again.

"Yeah." Was all I said. She shifted in her seat and faced me.

"Um..what are you writing about?" She asked me quite hesitantly.

"It's not so much what..but who.." I hinted, feeling my face redden as I backwardly told her my songs were about Demi. I could almost see the relief flood over her as her body relaxed.

"That's good but, I'm still kinda confused.." Saph hesitated. I frowned a little, but said nothing, just waited for her to continue.

"I mean, you used to write when your feelings took over you, as an alternative to..bad stuff so, you're writing about Demi because..?" She asked. She had a point I guess, but not all feelings that overwhelmed me were bad ones.

"Good feelings can be overwhelming, I'm not good with words unless they're indirect and on paper, this is my way of expression." I explained. She sat and took in what I'd said for a minute before giving me a response.

"It was a very nice song." She said simply, then stood up and headed to her room. I raised my eyebrows and took a sip of my coffee, needing no other comment.

Demi's POV

I rolled over and shut off my alarm on my phone, picking it up and immediately turning the brightness down, feeling it burning through my eye sockets and into my brain. I groaned and rubbed my eyes, then turned my attention back to my phone. It was 11:30am. Crap. Lia was working from 12pm today. I quickly opened up my contacts and tapped on hers, then called her.

"Hey, can you hear me?" She asked immediately after she answered the call. I pulled the phone away from my ear slightly, not expecting that amount of noise.

"God Lia where are you?" I groaned, not appreciating such loud noise after just waking up.

"Demi have you seriously only just woken up?" She asked. I pulled a suspicious face, not that she could see.

"Maybe.." I mumbled.

"I can hear it's your sexy morning voice." She teased me. I frowned.

"I'm not okay with you bullying me I have actually been awake for about half a minute." I whined. She laughed.

"You'll learn to love mornings one day." She told me.

"I love some mornings. I'll love tomorrow morning." I said.

It was mine and Lia's three month anniversary tomorrow, and Lia managed to get the day off work so I could stay with her tonight. Since I was living in a sober living house, I wasn't sure what the rules were about having sleepovers, and there were some pretty eventful nights here with some of the other girls and their night terrors and withdrawal from substances. I didn't want to ruin our anniversary with all of that anyway. And Lia, being the amazing girl she is, read my mind before I even had to say anything and asked if I'd stay with her for the night. Again, I wasn't sure if I was allowed to, but I hadn't spent a night with my own girlfriend since the night she became my girlfriend. I wasn't going to call it off because I didn't know if there were any other rules than "don't drink or use" in this house.

"Of course you will. Any breakfast requests?" She giggled. I smiled and bit down on my lip.

"Hugs and kisses," I told her. She giggled again. "And pancakes.." I added. She laughed.

"You're cute. Listen I gotta go to work, can't risk being even the slightest bit late anymore, it's just not good enough!" She mimicked her boss's voice. I giggled and sighed.

"Okay beautiful girl, if you must go.." I indirectly complained.

"I'm sorry baby, I'll see you tonight, I finish work at 6pm remember?" She double checked with me.

"I remember, I'll be waiting round the back for you." I told her, not that she didn't already know that.

"And not in your car, right?" She asked. I smiled.

"Not in my car." I confirmed. Marissa and I had made a deal that I get to borrow her car for tonight and she gets a shopping trip on me. It's sort of how we do things.

"I have to go now, I love you beautiful." She said softly. The butterflies in my stomach went crazy and I grinned.

"I love you too Lia, see you tonight." I repeated. We ended the call and I dropped my arms to my sides. A whole 6 hours left before I get to see her. This is painful. I threw my cover off myself and swung my legs round, setting my feet on the floor. I grabbed my glasses from my nightstand and headed into the bathroom. I had to get ready, I needed the perfect present for my perfect girl.

(A/N: next update - June 15th)