Epilogue (part one)

Lia Harringon

Lia parked Sapphire's car across the street from the coffee shop. It had been three weeks since she had last had an email from Sara Richardson, and she had finally agreed to meet the woman, today. They agreed to meet at a shop in the city, if Lia remembered it right, near the tattoo shop where she got her first tattoo. Lia shut the door of the car, locking it and throwing the keys in her purse. She looked down to the ground at her shoes, her old white converse. They weren't in the best condition, but she'd seen a lot worse. She wore a pair of dark blue jeans, the bottoms rolled up just past her ankles, and a loose white tank top, with a thin burgundy bomber jacket over the top. She walked across the busy street, it was about midday, and although the city was always busy, people were starting to take their lunch breaks around now, so the place seemed even busier than usual.

Lia hesitated in front of the coffee shop door for a few seconds, trying to picture how this meet would play out, if they would discover that this woman had in fact got the wrong person, of if she was about to find out a lot more about her father. She pushed the door open, and let it close behind her, her eyes scanning around the room, looking for a woman sitting alone. She couldn't see anyone on their own, everyone seemed to have company. She shook her head and headed over to the counter.
"Hey, what can I get you?" The girl over the counter asked her. She bit her lip and scanned the menus.
"Umm, I'll have an americano with a shot of vanilla, please." She spoke. She nodded and smiled, then turned to make the drink. Lia shoved her hands in her pockets and bobbed up and down on her feet. She looked around and noticed a woman standing at the end of the counter, she looked like she was waiting for her drink too. The woman looked up and made eye contact with Lia, causing Lia to grow rather awkward, and give a small smile then look away.
"Drinking in or take away?" The girl behind the counter asked.
"Uh, take away I guess." She replied, not seeing anyone by themselves and assuming Sara had bailed. The girl nodded again. Lia pulled a five dollar bill out of her jacket pocket and handed it to the girl.
"Don't worry about the change." She smiled, and went to stand by the woman waiting for her drink.
"Oh sorry, can I take a name? For the cup." The girl asked.
"It's Lia." She told her. The woman waiting for her drink beside Lia looked up.
"You're Lia?" The woman asked. Lia looked at the woman, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.
"Yeah? Oh..are you Sara?" Lia asked. The woman nodded and smiled, revealing a bright white set of teeth, perfectly straight.
"Yes, that would be me." She replied, standing up properly and extending an arm toward Lia to shake her hand. As Sara held her arm out, her sleeve pulled up, revealing some very intricate tattoos. Lia quickly examined the tattoos and smiled, shaking Sara's hand.
"I love your tattoos." Lia added, making an attempt at a conversation starter.
"Thank you, I actually designed them myself, I work at the tattoo place just round the corner, I don't know if you know it-"
"Boston's place, right?" Lia asked, recalling the place Demi once took her. It struck a pain in her chest to say think Demi's name so casually, but she brushed it off as best she could.
"Yeah..you've been there?" Sara asked. Lia nodded.
"Yeah a friend took me once to get a tattoo-"
"Coffee for Sara?" The girl behind the counter asked. Sara smiled and took the cup.
"Thanks." She said. "I got to go..you weren't here when I got here I thought you might have bailed." Sara admitted. Lia smiled and shook her head.
"I got to go too..I didn't realize it was you standing right next to me." Lia admitted too, and they both laughed.
"We can go for a walk or something, sit somewhere, it's nice weather outside." Sara suggested. Lia nodded in agreement.
"Lia?" The girl called out her name.
"Thanks." Lia took the cup and both her and Sara headed outside.

"So, you were saying you went to Boston's place with a friend, did you get a tattoo?" Sara asked Lia as they found a bench to sit on by some green.
"Uh yeah, I did." Lia said, switching her coffee into her other hand and lifting up her free hand, facing the edge of her wrist to Sara. Sara smiled, and laughed a little.
"..Is there something wrong with it?" Lia grew paranoid. Sara chuckled and shook her head.
"No I uh..I designed that one, it was in my portfolio I gave for my interview at the shop, when did you get it done?" She laughed. Lia was so shocked, but slowly pieced things together in her head as they carried on talking about tattoos, more so on Sara's part. Boston had mentioned at the time that he interviewed someone new for a job, it was the same person.

They had been talking for a while, and they didn't have much longer, Sara had met Lia on her lunch hour.
"Um, I hate to change the subject, trust me I love tattoos, but...why did you want to talk to me? How do you know it's me you're looking for?" Lia asked Sara. The black haired woman sighed, taking another sip of her drink.
"Your father, Hugh? I knew him. We had a relationship, about 6 years ago, and then he just vanished off the face of the earth." Sara told Lia.
"My father was in a bad place. My mom died when I was 10, he turned to drink and drugs and was abusive..." Lia trailed off the end of her sentence.
"I'm sorry Lia I had no idea-"
"It's fine. I was fourteen when I got out of the house, neighbors heard the racket and called the police. I've lived with my best friend and her parents ever since." Lia explained, she didn't go into much detail, she was sure that she would see Sara again, so she could tell her over time.
"It all makes sense now..." Sara was short in her words, not explaining what she meant. She looked at the confusion on Lia's face.
"I mean like, he always seemed so..distant, whenever I saw him, like there was something missing, I could see it in his eyes..I see it in yours, not so strong, but I'm guessing you both lost the same person. It just makes sense." She half explained. Lia was still confused. Was she saying that he wasn't aggressive with her? Just sad?
"He was sad..whenever he saw you, was he ever angry? Did he hurt you?" Lia asked. She had probably stepped over the line in asking this, but she needed to know, and she didn't have anything to lose in this situation, at least, she thought she didn't.
"I..a couple of times..I can't really talk about it yet, or here, I don't know." Sara tripped over her words.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be so forward. You don't have to tell me." Lia back tracked, but the desire to know still burning.
"I'm gonna have to go back to work..can we do this another time? You can come to my place, we can talk over dinner or something, I've been told I'm a good cook." Sara chuckled, lightening the mood a little. Lia smiled and nodded. Sara rummaged through her purse, pulling out an old envelope, and took a pen out of her hair. She scribbled something down on the paper and handed it to Lia.
"This is my number, and my address is on here too. Give me a text later or something, I really want to get to know you, Lia. You seem..very different from your father." Sara told Lia, admiring her.
"Thank you. I'll be in touch. It was great meeting you." Lia said, as they waved goodbye.

Demi Lovato

Demi wandered around her apartment, wearing nothing but a large, mens tshirt. It was midday, and she had only just got out of bed. She headed into the kitchen, grabbing the pot of coffee and pouring two cups. She added some milk to one and a sugar to the other, and headed back to her room. She placed the cup with sugar on the nightstand closest to the door, and headed to her own side of the bed with the other one. She pulled the cover back and hopped back in the bed, cupping her coffee in her hands, taking a small sip to test the temperature.
"Do I not get breakfast?" A deep voice spoke. Demi rolled her eyes.
"You can have breakfast, but I'm not making it." Demi replied to the male voice.
"Come on hermosa..." The thick and familiar hispanic accent rolled off his tongue. Demi put her coffee down and rolled onto her side, running her hand across the mans bare chest.
"Wilmer..." She said quietly. He lifted his hand and placed it behind Demi's neck, pulling her toward him and pressing their lips together. Encapsulated in the kiss, Demi never said what she wanted to say. She moved her legs either side of him and sat on top of his bare waist, the tshirt hanging from her body rising, revealing the dimples at her lower back. Wilmer's hands pulled his shirt over her head, and she pressed her bare body against his again. Caught up in yet another moment, they let their coffees go cold.

(A/N: Vote. Comment. Share.)