Just A Dream

Lia's POV

I stirred around, stretching out my legs and yawning, before opening my eyes. I gave myself a few seconds to adjust to the unfamiliar setting surrounding me, before remembering where I was. It took a few seconds, but the memories of what happened the night before suddenly flooded my mind, bringing a huge grin upon my face. I reached my hand over to my waist, expecting to have Demi's arm still holding onto me. Nothing. What? I turned my head, hoping she'd rolled over in her sleep and was just laying over the other side as appose to the middle. The bed was empty. It was just me, alone. I rolled over and threw my arms over my face, which caused a crumpling sound. I frowned and sat up, leaning over to pick up a piece of paper that had been left beside me. I sighed and sat myself upright, grabbing my glasses and smoothing out the paper.

Hey, I'm downstairs with my mom and Maddie making breakfast. I didn't want to wake you. Come down when you're awake :) Love, Demi x

What? That's it? It's like nothing happened. Like it meant nothing to her. Wait..it's like nothing happened..shit. Was it possible that I had dreamed all of that..? But it felt so real...

I sat there for a while, my head spinning so much I could barely stay upright. I felt my insides die, explode everywhere inside me, my lungs emptying of every last bit of air, my heart sinking down to my feet. But it felt so real..I kept thinking the same thing. I wanted to scream, cry, collapse and hide away in a dark room forever. How could I be such an idiot? Of course she'd never kiss me..or even think about it. I exhaled deeply, and felt tears welling up in my eyes. I shook my head and sucked in a deep breath, making them go away. I grabbed the note and got up off the bed, going into the bathroom and shoving it into my bag, then pulling out my clothes. I turned the shower on and let it heat up, probably too much. I undressed and left my clothes in a pile on the floor. I held one arm over my stomach, not wanting to make myself feel any worse right now. I stepped into the shower and let the burning water scold my lightly tanned skin.

*****

I decided not to wash my hair in the shower, because it was just so long and then I'd actually have to do something with it. Instead, I threw it up in a top knot, got dressed, and mentally prepared myself to face Demi downstairs.

I silently wandered down the stairs and made my way to the kitchen and dining room area. I could smell all kinds of foods cooking: pancakes, waffles, toast, bacon, eggs; and I could not have felt any less hungry. I walked into the kitchen and approached a seat beside Maddie on the island in the centre of their kitchen.

"You slept for aaaages!" Maddie giggled as I sat down. I smiled and shook my head.

"I always sleep for aaaages when I don't have work the next day." I told her, nudging her a little. As I spoke, Demi turned her head round from where she stood at the cooker, frying up some eggs, and looked at me. I immediately diverted my eyes, knowing if I made eye contact with her, I'd shatter.

"Morning." I heard her say with a smile. I could always tell when she was smiling. She turned back to the frying pan and I looked up, knowing it was safe.

"Morning." I said bluntly, before looking back away, focusing on my finger nails as a distraction.

"Help yourself to food, mom kinda went overboard with breakfast." She giggled. Fuuuck can she not do that now? I cleared my throat and smiled.

"Thanks." Was all I said, as I leaned forward and grabbed a slice of toast, cut in half and already buttered. I nibbled on the edge of it, not even wanting to eat anything. No wonder she wouldn't have kissed you, you're too fat. But go ahead, shove that in. No, no, no. Leave me alone..The old yet so familiar voice in my head spoke. It had been so long since I'd been tormented with that voice. She'll never love you anyway, just eat it.I wanted to scream at it, but of course, I couldn't do that. I tried to push it away and try to eat my slice of toast with the least amount of guilt possible. Take another slice, go on. Look at that bacon, even that has less fat than you.I finished my slice of toast and took a glass from the centre of the table, then picking up the jug of orange juice and pouring a small amount in it. I downed all of it in one go, trying to wash down the toast which just seemed to stick to my throat. Eat more. She'll think you're a freak if you don't eat. Stop it! Leave me alone! I internally screamed at myself. I fidgeted in my seat, attempting to sit in a position that didn't make me feel sick.