Me

Since 2008, when I was 15 years old, I followed the career of my one true inspiration, who to this day continues to bring happiness to my life, and who keeps me motivated, the one and only; Demi Lovato. She has helped me through so many obstacles in my life, her inspirational story has helped me through so much, her music alone has got me through some of my hardest times, and has made me stronger today. I'm not perfect, far from it actually, I still have a lot of issues.

My mother passed away when I was 9 years old, she died in a car accident coming to collect me from school early one day. I blamed myself for her death, I still do today. I had phoned her from the school bathroom one day, crying after having enough of being bullied every day of my life. I waited in the school office, claiming I was sick and my mother was on her way. She never came. I received the news from one of my school teachers that she had been in an accident. I never got to say goodbye; she died instantly. From then I was left with my father, who spiralled out of control without my mother there to keep him grounded. He turned to drink and drugs, and would come home wasted, and took out his anger on me. He would drag me by my hair, throw me around, beat me, and even smash beer bottles over my head. When I was 14 our neighbours heard screams from our house and phone the police, who then arrested my father. Since I was 9 years old I have battled severe depression, I self-harmed and suffered from bulimia from the things that were said to me in school. To this day I struggle with eating and occasionally relapse with self-harm, but I'm trying my hardest to recover. I had no family other than my parents, at least not in the country. I was allowed to move in with my best friend Sapphire, we call her Saph. She had stuck by my side since the start, we'd been best friends since forever, and her parents were fully supportive of me staying with them after what happened.

Now, it's 2012, I'm 18, turning 19 in a few days, the day I have been waiting for for years is finally here; I am going to see Demi in concert. Saph and Rose, my two best friends, had got together and bought us all tickets to see Demi for my 19th birthday. I literally screamed and cried when I found out. We were due to go on my actual birthday, so they had to tell me before hand, but I could wait. Oh, I'm Lia by the way. Lia-Mae Harrington.

(A/N: This is kinda just a background story chapter just so you know what her story is, it's completely fictional and not based off anything I know, just made it up.

I'm only gonna be vague with dates and stuff, so if something isn't accurate then don't worry about it, it's just for the story.

Hope this isn't too crap and please vote/comment or ask questions if you want to know something that I haven't included.

Thank you!x)