Stitches

Demi's POV

My eyes fluttered open, and the light coming through the curtains burnt my eyes for a few seconds before they adjusted to it. It was Friday, Lia came to the XFactor show last night, and then took me home with her. I must have fallen asleep in the car because I don't remember getting in bed, or even getting changed out of my clothes. I turned my head round to find my beautiful girl laying beside me, her face calm and peaceful as she slept. I slowly turned my body so I was facing her, and began analysing her, just admiring every perfect feature on her face: her jawline, how it curves and fits perfectly in my hand. Her lips, how when I stare at them, I fall in love with the way they form what she says. Her eyes, although they're closed now, I know them like the back of my hand; copper against honey and sage, and how when they water, they glow, the same shade as nature after it rains, and always hold a thousand stories within them. She is the definition of beautiful, in my eyes.

After a while I came to realise that she had woken up, and was staring at me, staring at her. 
"Hi." She whispered, her lips breaking into a bright smile. I smiled as she bit down on her lip.
"Hey." I whispered back. Waking up in the mornings had become my favourite thing. I spent so much time at Lia's now I rarely went back to my house, which was great, but also not. The whole point of me being at the sober living house was so that I could be around people who were also in recovery, to keep me motivated to recover. And also, my sponsor would check in with me every day, and I haven't seen him for so long. But I'm motivated when I'm with Lia too, surely he can let me off. 

*****

"When did we get home last night?" I asked her as we came back up the stairs with breakfast. I sat down on the bed and scooted over to my side, pulling the covers back over my bare legs as Lia sat down too.
"Pretty late, you fell asleep laying across my lap in the car." She told me as she took a bite of her toast. "Then I had to carry you in and Saph had to help me get in my room." She added. I slowed down my chewing and looked at Lia.
"Did that really happen?" I asked her in disbelief. She smiled and nodded, starting to laugh a little.
"That's actually really embarrassing.." I said, looking away.
"It's not as embarrassing as Saph thinking I was carrying a stranger into her house because your face was buried in my hoodie and your hair is a different colour to when she last saw you." Lia laughed, eating more toast. I laughed a little too and then shook my head, forgetting as usual that my hair was now not blonde, but more like my natural shade of dark brown.
"Don't be embarrassed about it babe it's not a bad thing to fall asleep." Lia tried to reassure me. "I was worried that I'd wake you up when I got you changed but you were so out of it-"
"You got me changed? I didn't even wake up and change out of my clothes myself?" I asked her, shocked that I'd managed to sleep through it all.
"Yeah of course I got you changed I wasn't going to just leave you in all your fancy TV stuff." Lia told me. I hesitated then looked at her, waiting for her to also look at me. I kept my eyes squinted as I glared at her. 
"You got me changed?" I repeated. It took her a few seconds to figure out why I was asking again, but she soon caught on.
"But I absolutely didn't look I swear." She lied, biting her lip as she did and lowering her voice. I raised my eyebrows and shook my head.
"Oh come on how could I have not looked? It would be rude not to look at such a beautiful thing, would it not?" She said to me. I felt my face burn up and I looked down, trying to hide my uncontrollable smile. 
"Don't hide that from me." Lia whispered, reaching a hand to my chin and lifting my head. I looked at her and she sat forward, leaning in towards me. I leaned forward and our lips met in the middle, setting off those familiar sparks once again. It never got old, her lips to mine, each time we kissed was like the first all over again, just magic.

Our make-out session was interrupted by a knock on Lia's bedroom door, and then Saph's voice.
"Lia did you make food and not make me any?" Saph shouted from outside the room. Lia broke our kissed and sighed, rolling her eyes a little, before sitting up, reaching over to the door handle from where she was sat and pulling the door open. 
"Here, have some toast." She picked up her plate which still had a slice of toast left on it, and held it to the door. Saph took a step in the room and took the plate, then immediately stepped back out as soon as she looked at us.
"What are you doing?" Lia asked her, leaning forward to see Saph. Silence. But since Lia was still sat forward looking out her door, I assumed they were conversing somehow. Then, Lia turned to face me and raised her eyebrows. 
"Saph forgot you were here and apologises for being rude." Lia told me. I looked at her blankly for a moment, and before I spoke, Lia laid back down properly on her bed
"Saph, you know I don't bite you can say it to me directly.." I said quite loudly so she could hear me. A few seconds later, her head poked round corner. She smiled apologetically.
"Sorry I just did that..and forgot you were here.." She said quietly. I laughed and shook my head.
"I didn't need an apology but thank you, and at least you knocked before coming in." I said and bit my lip, leaning forward and resting my chin on Lia's stomach. Saph's face dropped and she looked around her awkwardly before heading out the room.
"Oh I don't even want to know what you mean by that jesus," She mumbled as she walked out and closed the door behind her. 
"And now she thinks we're fucking. Again." Lia rolled her eyes and rested her hand on my head, which was still on her stomach. 
"Again?" I asked as she played with my hair. 
"Yeah with the hickey's we both had she thought we'd done it then, she questioned me about it and doesn't believe that I'm still sweet and innocent." She lifted a hand to under her chin and held her head up, laughing a little. 
"I mean I wouldn't say you were completely innocent.." I looked up at her, a small smirk playing on my lips. She raised her eyebrows and shook her head.
"Okay so let's just ask this; Have I ever had sex? No. Demi, have you ever had sex?" She asked me.
"Really? Never?" I asked her. 
"Um, Demi you knew that?" She said to me, confused. 
"Well yeah you said you hadn't but I didn't know if you were just saying that.." I trailed off my sentence. She shook her head.
"It doesn't matter anyway. My point is proven since you failed to give me an answer so..I am innocent." She gave me a cute smile and then I rolled off her and threw a pillow at her, quickly jumping up and running into the bathroom. I tried to close the door before she could get up but she was already there pushing against it, me on the other side doing the same.