The Ride

Demi's POV

Lia was right, it was quite a long way to drive from the arena to her house, I told her to put the address on google maps so I knew where I was driving to and how to get there.
"Have you lived there your whole life?" I asked her after she told me a bit about her house.
"No..only since I was 14, so I guess it's fairly recently considering." She told me, being a little more open with her answers now, I guess she was becoming more comfortable with me.
"Why'd you move?" I asked her. She hesitated before giving me an answer, which lead me to question the vague answer.
"No real reason, just family stuff." She told me. I looked over to her and saw she was fiddling with the sleeves of her shirt, something I used to do when I was dealing with self-harm.

I knew Lia self-harmed. She hadn't told me, but I saw and kissed her scars at the meet and greet. I'm glad they were just scars, it hurt me to think such a beautiful girl could hurt herself like that. It hurts to think she felt how I once felt. That killed.

"I don't want you to feel pressured to give me answers..I'm sorry if I'm making you uncomfortable.." I said to her, moving my eyes back to the road. I saw her look at me from the corner of my eye.
"No no don't be silly, you're not making me uncomfortable! I don't really like talking about my family..that's all..I know you want to get to know me, but like, know me, not my family.." She answered me. I didn't say anything for a minute, unsure how to respond.
"That sounded really rude I'm sorry..I just..-"
"Hey, you don't need to apologize, I know how hard it is to talk about things that you don't want to talk about, I get that, I've been there, you don't need to apologize, okay?" I said to her, keeping my voice soft. She smiled a little and looked at her lap.
"Chin up princess, your crown's gonna fall off," I said, my voice remaining soft. She smiled again, but this time, it was the most beautiful smile I'd ever seen on someone. She really was gorgeous.
"Thanks Demi, you're such a sweet, genuine person, I definitely chose the right girl as my inspiration." She told me, smiling at me. My heart melted. She was the cutest ever, that was so kind of her to say.
"Anytime princess." I said, finalizing her new nickname.

Lia's POV

We weren't far from my house now, just 5 minutes or so. Demi and I had connected so much in the time we'd spent together, it was amazing, I felt such a strong connection with her already and we'd talked for a few hours. I was nervous talking to her at first, but now it's just like talking to a close friend, maybe with a little added nerves because she's still The Demi Lovato.
"It's just down this one," I pointed down the road where the house was. Demi turned down it and I showed her where to stop, and she pulled over.
"There, back home now." She said.
"Thank you so so much Demi," I thanked her. She raised her eyebrows a little in confusion.
"For what?" She asked me. She was cute. Wait, what?
"For..I don't know just for everything, for talking to me tonight, or even wanting to talk to me, and for the ride home.." I started to ramble. She chuckled and shook her head.
"Please, don't thank me, it was my choice, besides, it was so worth it, you're a great girl Lia, I hope we can meet again soon?" Demi asked me. A huge smile formed on my face, I must have looked ridiculous.
"Of course, I'd love to, any time!" I replied, probably a bit too excited. She smiled that beautiful smile and looked down.
"I guess I'll see you soon then.." I said, filling the silence. She smiled and nodded, then opened her arms.
"Come here, hug me," She almost begets like a little child.
"Haha you're such a kid Demi," I told her as we hugged. She laughed.
"Don't me mean!" She joked, playfully hitting my arm. I did it back causing her to pout.
"Chin up princess, don't want your crown falling off," I repeated her words, then watching her cheeks turn a dark pink colour as a shy smile formed on her lips.
"I'll see you soon beautiful girl," She said as I opened the car door hopping out.
"See you soon Demi." I said as I shut the door. I walked up to the front door, grinning like a goon the entire 50ft. I opened the door, closing it behind me, then fell back against it, letting myself drop to the floor.