Let Me In

Demi's POV

I lead Lia up the stairs of my building. My apartment was on a higher level but I didn't mind, it was good exercise for me. I unlocked the door and pushed it open, gesturing for Lia to go in. She hesitated slightly before shuffling her feet through the door. I shut it behind me and stood beside her. I looked at her as she stood, her posture was perfect. She was a very fragile girl, she looked as if she'd shatter at the slightest touch. I moved my eyes to hers, examining them. One thing I've learnt over the years is that if you want to know the story, look at their eyes; the eyes tell more than words ever will. My eyes bored into her beautiful greenish brown eyes, taking in as much as I could. She was in pain; I could almost see a small delicate little girl in her eyes, if I looked close enough, I could see there was deep rooted pain, and I didn't like it. This girl was so so beautiful, how could she be hurting so much?

"Come over here, make yourself comfortable. Would you like a drink or..anything?" I asked her, leading her over to my huge couch opposite the TV. As she sat down she looked up at my but avoided eye contact.
"Could I have some water please?" She asked politely. I gave her a warm smile and nodded, making my way over to the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and poured it into a glass, then got myself my lemon water which I'd made myself, literally just by slicing lemons and putting them in a bottle of water; it was so good.

I took the drinks over to the sofa, extending my arm out to Lia with her glass of water.
"Thank you." She said quietly as she took it from me. I placed my bottle down on the table beside the sofa which also had a lamp on it, and quickly went to my bedroom to grab my big beige blanket. I sat back down on the sofa, throwing the huge blanket over myself, and throwing half towards Lia. She smiled and pulled it up over her legs to her stomach.
"..Are you okay..?" I asked her hesitantly, unsure if it was too soon. She took a sip of her water before placing it on the table beside her.
"Yeah, I'm fine." She said. That was a lie, I know that lie.
"You know stuff about me don't you Lia?" I asked, already knowing the answer, but that wasn't the point. She looked slightly confused.
"Yeah..I guess." Her eyebrows knitted together a little as she spoke, confused at my question.
"You know I've been through a shit ton of crap..like, I've had my struggles.." I carried on talking. She frowned more and nodded.
"So..since you know that about me, you know that I know what 'I'm fine' means, or doesn't mean." I said, clarifying my point. Her head dropped and her gaze fell to her lap where she fiddled with her fingers. I reached over to her and gently lifted her head with my hand.
"Mind your crown, princess." I smiled softly. She seemed to loosen up a bit at my comment, which gave me hope.
"Lia..I know that lie and I can't keep ignoring this, I know you're not okay and I want to help you..I don't want you to feel pressured to tell me anything you don't want to, it's just that..I hardly know anything about you..and I really want to know who Lia is, I want you to feel comfortable opening up to me.." I continued. She took in every word I was saying, she looked into my eyes every second that I spoke. I was starting to think there was a chance she'd tell me. I really hope so.

Lia's POV

I sat beside Demi, clutching the blanket she was sharing with me in my hands by my stomach. I needed to tell her everything. But it was just all so surreal; we met not even a week ago, and I felt like we'd become so close; she drove me home after I performed on stage with her, she sent me a letter, we went for a coffee and went to the movies together, I felt like I'd known her for years. She'd told me so much about her, things that the fans wouldn't know, and what had I done back? Nothing. I should open up to her, she clearly trusts me, I should trust her too.
"I just..have never spoken to anyone about my life, not really, only Saph and Rose. The truth is..I live with Saph and her parents.." I told Demi, hesitating before saying it. I saw her eyes widen slightly, then go back to normal as I guess she pieced things together from my slip ups. She never said anything, just looked at me in a way that said to carry on.

"I'm an only child, as is my father," I said the word bitterly as the memories of my dad were awful. "And was my mother." I carried on. Demi was looking at me so intently, trying to feel the emotions I did.
"We were a happy family, until things started going wrong. My mother died when I was 9, in a car accident coming to get me from school once, I'd phoned her from the bathroom in tears because of bullies and stuff, and she'd agreed to come and get me early. Some 17 year old guy swerved into the side of her car and she died instantly, they said she didn't stand a chance." I said. Demi's expression never changed, only flickered, but the pain in her eyes grew stronger.
"My father spiralled out of control from then onwards, he became severely depressed and would drink a lot, he got aggressive when he drank and would..take it out..on me.." I spoke hesitantly, unsure of what Demi's reaction would be. Her face dropped slightly, that pained me, but she gestured for me to continue.
"I was being bullied at school..people called me fat and said that I had bruises from rolling around everywhere because I was so fat. The same year my mum died I too became depressed and developed an eating disorder, I'd eat very little and throw up whatever I did eat, I lost a lot of weight to the point where I was so unhealthy. People continued to bully me, make fun of my mum and it hurt so much, I ended up taking it out on myself..I blamed myself for it all.." I felt tears begin to form in my eyes as I remembered my childhood. Demi reached over and held my hand.
"I tried to end it all so many times, but I was doing as I was told; my father always told me to kill myself, so I tried to do something right for once, but it never worked." I told Demi. I saw her eyes begin to well up and she held onto my hand tighter.
"From when I was 9 to when I was 14, I'd come home every evening from school to see my dad passed out on the couch, beer bottles everywhere, I'd have just enough time to do my homework before he came around. I always tried to put my education first." I continued, trying to get as much detail as I could in.
"When he'd wake up he'd call me in and smash bottles against my head or my body, pull me around by my hair and beat me. It wasn't until one evening he smashed a bottle onto my head and my ribs, and I screamed so loud and fell to the floor, my neighbours heard and called the police who took my dad away. I told them to phone Saph and things were arranged and her parents let me stay with them. So now I've been living with Saph's family for 5 years, and yeah my job at TopShop just about covers the rent I pay Saph's parents..not my car..I don't have a car.." I told Demi the truth. I dropped my gaze to my lap as I began to cry, all the bad memories coming back to me. Demi stood up and moved closer to me, sitting beside me and putting an arm around me.
"I'm so sorry." She said and I cried into her. She pulled me close and held onto me, comforting me as I let it out (A/N: pic on the side).

Demi's POV

"I'm so sorry." I said to Lia as I put my arm around her and pulled her close to me. She sat leant over with her hands covering her face just sobbing. I can't believe I made her tell me, look what I've done to her.

It had been about an hour, Lia and I were sat on the sofa in the same position, but she was now laying, her head resting on my lap. As I'd held her while she was crying she fell asleep, so I let her, and just played with her hair. She was so peaceful when she slept, so beautiful. I reached over to my phone and looked at the time. 19:49pm. Damn, that got late pretty fast. I didn't want to wake Lia, she must be exhausted. I carefully lifted her head and slid over, placing a cushion under her head with my free hand then resting her head back down. I got up and pulled the blanket up and over her. I went over to her feet and carefully took off her boots, then lifted her feet up onto the sofa, pulling the blanket over them. I wish I could just cuddle her. Wait, what? Seriously Demi you need to stop thinking like that! It'll never happen! She doesn't like you like that! My mind shouted at itself. I sighed as I looked at how peaceful she was. I turned on one of the small lamps beside the sofa, making it dim, then went to my bedroom to change into something more comfortable.

I pulled out some sweat pants and a band tshirt, discarding my current outfit into my wash basket, then throwing my hair up into a messy bun. I walked through to my en suite bathroom and took off my makeup, I wasn't wearing much anyway. I went back and grabbed my guitar, then plopped myself onto my huge double bed. I started strumming the chords to Ed Sheeran's 'Give Me Love'.

Give me love, like hers.
'Cause lately I've been waking up alone.
Pain splattered teardrops on my shirt,
Told you I'd let them go.
And that I'll fight my corner, maybe tonight I'll call you after my blood, turns into alcohol.
Oh I just want to hold you.
Give a little time to me, I'll burn this out,
We'll play hide and seek, to turn this around.
All I want, is the taste that your lips allow
Ma-my, ma-my-y, give me love...

(A/N: I just wanted to thank whoever is reading this for the votes, there's only a few but it means a lot to me so, thank you :D )