Wonderful Tonight

Demi's POV

I pulled up on the driveway at Lia's, parking my car and quickly jumping out to run to the passenger side and open the door for Lia.
"Why thank you." She giggled, hopping out the car and letting me close the door behind her. I locked the car and she went to open the front door.

"So what's the plan for tonight?" Lia asked me, setting her keys and bag on the kitchen counter and leaning her back against it.
"Well..we're going to get ready, and you'll look absolutely stunning as always, and I'm going to take you somewhere and you're going to love it." I explained without giving anything away.
"Okay..so..give me a time to be ready by." She said to me. I scrunched up my face and thought for a second.
"7pm. That gives us 2 and a half hours." I told her.
"You sure that's long enough for you babe?" She teased, knowing how long I take to get ready all the time.
"Yes, I'm sure," I raised my eyebrows in an attempt to get her to drop her smirk. "Just because you're effortlessly gorgeous, it's not my fault I have to take so long." I shook my head a little. That made her smirk vanish.
"No Demi you know that's not true. You're beautiful always," She came towards me and rested her hands on my sides. "What are you worrying about? I can see it on your face, there's something." She confronted me. She was good at reading me, she always knew when something was wrong, and that was something that no one had ever been able to do with me.
"I'm just thinking about tonight, and I really want you to have a good time." I admitted.
"Anywhere with you, I promise I'll have a good time." She said. I held her hands in front of me and smiled.
"I love you."
"I love you too."

*****

It was almost 7pm, and I was sat on the couch slipping my feet into my heels that matched my dress, black and decorated with gold embellishments. Both my dress and my jacket were black and gold, and I felt extremely coordinated given that every aspect of my outfit matched (A/N: pic on the side). I stood up and brushed my dress down, letting the array of thin tassels hang down from the top half of the dress.

"Babe? We have to go!" I called up the stairs to Lia, who was still in her room getting ready, shockingly. Seconds later I heard her making her way down the stairs slowly; she must already have her heels on. As I heard her feet on the hard wood of the living room floor I turned my head and almost fell over. My mouth fell open, my jaw falling to the floor as my eyes took in the perfect picture before me.
"Woa.." I attempted to speak. She wore a tight fitted black dress, the skirt of it in a slight skater style, with a dip hem at the back which came down to just below her knees. The body of the dress stopped above her chest, and a thin black material continued up to the collar, and fit at the neck. She wore her hair down in a series of waves, and her makeup was simple (A/N: pic on the side). She didn't have her glasses on. She was breathtaking.
"You..you're so beautiful.." I just about managed to say, my mouth still gaping open. I immediately caught her blushing as soon as I spoke, and her eyes met mine as she looked back up.
"Fuck..I'm too lucky.." I spoke again as I took in a breath, forgetting that breathing was necessary. I took a few steps forward and met her where she stood, taking her hands in mine and leaning into her. Our lips connected and she snaked her arm around my waist, pulling me closer to her. I moved my free hand up to the back of her neck, deepening the kiss, and biting her lip a little. She pulled away and held her hand up to her mouth.
"Let's not get too carried away..I thought you said we had to go.." She teased me, tracing her bottom lip with her index finger.
"We can rearrange..make new plans.." I could barely speak as I went to kiss her again. She placed her index finger on my lips and shook her head.
"We have to go babe.." She whispered. I began internally crying, the need for her touch becoming too much for me already. How was I supposed to get through tonight without even being allowed to hold her hand in case we get seen?
"Okay, let's go beautiful." I finally agreed, knowing she was right anyway. She was always right.