Waiting

I sat on the couch by the window waiting for Demi to arrive. It was almost 1pm, she'd be here soon. My leg was shaking and the heel of my boots made a clicking sound every time it hit the floor. I decided to wear black leggings, as usual, a red band tshirt which was quite oversized, my black leather jacket and my casual boots. I left my long, dark hair flowing down my back in a series of waves, with only what used to be my fringe pinned back to keep it off my face. I had a thin layer of powder on my face, with my usual line of black eyeliner, and some mascara.
"You look hot, as usual, where are you going?" Saph strolled into the room, her eyes examining me.
"Out." Was all I said. She said nothing for a few seconds."
"Yeah I gathered that, who're you going out with?" She asked again. I turned round to face her, feeling a smile form on my face.
"Oh my god, you're going out with Demi aren't you!?" She almost shrieked. I put my finger to my mouth, indicating for her to shut up.
"Tell no one, okay? She just wanted to meet up, so I said yes." I told Saph. She was jumping up and down on the spot, her arms waving around.
"She asked you? Dude she totally likes you." Saph said. What? Demi liking me? Get a grip Saph, I thought.
"I highly doubt it, besides, she said in the letter-"
"Omg that letter was actually from her? What did it say!?" She shrieked again. I scrunched my face up, the volume of her voice becoming too loud.
"Yeah, she said she forgot to get my number but I'd put the address on her phone to take me home, and she said she wanted to meet up if I wanted to, and put her number on the letter so I called her this morning and she's picking me up-" I was interrupted by the sound of a car horn outside. I leant back to look out the window, seeing Demi's white Lexus parked up outside the house.
"Right now." I finished my sentence, a huge grin forming on my face. I stood up to leave but Saph jumped in my way.
"Wait." She said, before running off to her bathroom, then running back. She had in her hand her favourite perfume which she only used for special occasions or dates. She sprayed some on my neck and my clothes.
"Okay, you can go now." She said, giving me a little wave. I grinned at her as I opened the door, then contained my face as I walked over to Demi's car. As I walked over I could see how beautiful she looked. She wore a black skater dress with small, white flower patterns on it, the dress revealing her gorgeous, perfectly tanned legs. She wore a light blue denim shirt over the top of it that was almost as long as the dress itself. She had her hair flowing down her chest in waves just like mine, the pink tips falling just above her waist (A/N: pic on the side). Her style was so on point, the things she wore just completely flattered her and made her look so attractive. Wait, what am I thinking? Stop thinking about her like that, it'll never happen, I thought to myself as I got in the car.

Demi's POV

"Hey, you look gorgeous!" The words accidentally fell out my mouth as Lia got in the car. Her face turned a little red and she gave me a shy smile, which was the most adorable thing ever.
"Hey, thank you, you look beautiful too." She smiled at me, her hand reaching to her face and pushing her geek style glasses up as they were sliding down her nose. How could a person be so cute?
"Thank you." I smiled at her as she put on her seatbelt.
"Where do you want to go?" I asked Lia, as she sat back comfortably in the seat.
"I don't mind, wherever you want to go." She said politely, shrugging a little.
"Okay, should we go get a coffee? I know a quiet place where the paps don't go." I told her, trying to convince her she wouldn't be bombarded with cameras, I knew she'd get anxious if we went to a central Starbucks or something.
"Sounds great." She smiled, her face literally glowing. I set off down the roads, going down hidden roads to stay out of the sight of paps. Lia and I talked a little on the journey. I noticed something on her wrist under her jacket, it looked like a tattoo, but I couldn't quite see what it was of as her sleeves covered her arms. I wish she didn't feel as if she had to cover her arms, she just had some scars, I have scars too. She's so beautiful, I didn't understand why such a gorgeous girl would hurt herself like that. It also hurt me to think that she'd felt that bad about herserlf to do that. I know how crappy you have to be feeling to take it out on yourself like that. I wish she would tell me why, just open up a little more. I wasn't going to give up on her reluctance to tell me about herself, I could tell she was someone who you had to keep trying with before they gain full trust and open up. And for Lia, I was willing to do that.