Hey

Lia's POV

"This is Demi's dressing room, she should be in there so, just go in." The crew member told me. I smiled and nodded, cautiously opening the door to Demi's dressing room, I didn't want to interrupt anything. I shut the door behind me and looked around the room. There was a huge black couch against the wall opposite me, with a huge, beige fluffy blanket left on it. In front of the couch was a coffee table which had a white mug, several magazines, a bottle of water and some random accessories on it. There were 2 arm chairs either end of the coffee table, each with a few items of clothing hung over the back. I looked around the rest of the room, looking at 3 rails of clothes hung on it, which I'm assuming were Demi's outfits. There was a vanity table near the window at the far end of the room, with several different makeup products left lying on it. I noticed some writing on the mirror but couldn't quite make out what it said. I made my way over to it and read it. Be your own kind of beautiful. Stay Strong. That was adorable, she wrote a little mantra on her mirror. I had one on my mirror at home which said 'explore the unknown, that's where all the magic lies'. I liked it.

As I stood inspecting the cute little message on the mirror, a door opened, scaring the shit out of me and making me jump out of my skin.
"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." Demi said to me as she came out of her bathroom, wrapped in a huge fluffy white towel, and her hair tied up in a messy bun on her head.
"No it's okay I-they told me to wait in here.." I hesitated before I spoke, unsure of whether or not I should be in here.
"I know, I told them to let you in." She said. Oh, it was Demi's idea.
"Oh, okay." Was all I said. You're being a dick to her, jeez make an effort she's Demi Lovato for crying out loud, I thought to myself.
"Sorry I interrupted your shower," I laughed. She smiled and shook her head.
"It's okay, it just gets so hot out there, dancing around and pouring my heart out, you know?" She explained to me.
"It was an amazing show though," I told her, smiling.
"Thanks," she smiled back.
"I'm just gonna get some clothes and I'll be right back," She said, walking over to a suitcase and pulling out some sweats and a tshirt.
"You can sit, make yourself at home." She smiled at me as she went back into the bathroom. I made my way over to the big couch and sat by the arm, leaning back and exhaling. This was the most surreal experience of my life. I was in Demi Lovato's dressing room. I pinched myself, not believing it. I sat forward slightly, so it didn't look like I was being rude and sitting weird. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I pulled it out and had a message from Saph.
- Where the fuck are you? My mum's gonna flip if I'm late home you know what she's like
I started to type a message back to her.
- Don't worry about me, go home, I'll get a cab home or something
I shoved my phone back in my pocket, not wanting to argue with Saph about how I'd get home. Demi said to me she'd get me home somehow, and I trusted her.

Just as I thought about Demi she came back out the bathroom wearing the light grey sweats she'd pulled out of her suicase, along with a plain back tshirt.
"Hey." She said as she came over and sat with me. I smiled.
"Hey." I mimicked. She smiled at me.
"So, I kinda wanted to talk to you, like, properly.." Demi hesitated.
"Yeah..what do you want to talk about?" I asked her, not really knowing what to say. She shrugged.
"I don't know..I want to get to know you. When we met earlier at the meet and greet there was something about you that made you stand out from everyone else, I don't really know what it was but there's just something, and then when you sang with me on stage, you blew me away like you have an amazing voice by the way," Demi talked. I didn't want to stop her talking, I loved her voice. I smiled and looked down at my lap, not wanting her to see my face turn red.
"I mean it.." She told me, leaning over and lifting my head up, her finger tips on my chin. I looked at her, our eyes boring into each others. She smiled and looked down, dropping her hand from my chin. I smiled too, also looking away.
"Thanks..I mean, you have 3 amazing albums so, congratulations haha!" I joked with her. She laughed and shook her head.
"I had a hell of a lot of practise, have you ever had singing lessons or anything?" She asked me. I shook my head. I hadn't, I was in my school choir when I was 10, that was hardly a thing though, I never went up for solos.
"No, my parents wouldn't have payed for that, they didn't even know I sang to be honest.." I told Demi, accidentally mentioning my parents. That was something I always tried to avoid, the topic was like the elephant in the room.
"Oh, that's a shame, but honestly you don't need lessons, you're already great. Do you not sing at home like around your parents or anything?" Demi asked me more questions. I didn't want her to know about my family, that's what always drove people away from me, they found out everything that happened and all of a sudden I was that mess of a girl who would be too high maintenance to be friends with.
"No." Was all I said, not wanting to go into the topic.
"Oh, maybe you should, they could see how good you are then," Demi told me with a reassuring smile. I just smiled back, not wanting to go into detail about my parents.

Demi's POV

Lia and I talked for hours, about a lot of things, she told me a little about her singing and that she played piano and guitar, just like me, and she told me, reluctantly, how she'd been a fan of mine since Camp Rock, which was so cute. I found out that it was her birthday today, she'd turned 19, she looked older though, I guessed she was a little older than me, she had such maturity about her for someone who just turned 19. I know it's strange, but I'm oddly compelled to this girl. Everything about her interested me, from her dark hair, to her gorgeous greenish brown eyes, and her pale complexion, just everything.

Even though we talked for so long, I could tell she was holding things back from me, which I understand, I'm basically a stranger to her, and she won't want to go around telling me her life story right now. There was something about her, something that drew me to her, I wanted to know who she was, and not just her name, I wanted to know her for who she really is. It's ridiculous, I know, we met at a meet and greet and I want her to be my friend, but she's just so different. I admire her, and I have slight jealousy of her looks, she's stunning.

"So..I guess I should get off your case now haha, we've talked for hours.." I said to her. She tilted her head slightly.
"It's okay, It's been really nice," She said politely. I smiled.
"I'll give you a ride home, I don't have anywhere to be anyway." I offered, standing up to get some trainers.
"Oh no it's okay I can't let you drive all that way for me I'll get a cab-"
"Hey, Lia? I'm gonna take you home, okay?" I asked her, but not really asking, more insisting. She sighed, standing up.
"Fine, but it's a long way..like an hour and a half drive.." She told me. I smiled.
"That's okay," I told her, grabbing a hoodie. "Like I said, I don't have anywhere to be." I turned and opened the door, gesturing for her to go through first.
"Thanks.." She said shyly. She's so cute, I thought to myself. Wait, what? I thought again. I shook my head, clearing the thought and lead Lia out the back.