Together

Demi's POV

"Mom?" I spoke up, as I sat at the island in the kitchen of my parents LA home. My mom was making lunch for dad while Maddie was out in the garden practising aerial as usual.
"Yeah?" She replied, slicing up some bread.
"Can I um..bring someone for Christmas..here..this year..?" I spoke very hesitantly, picking at my nails as I did, anxious for my mom's reply.
"Of course honey, you don't need to ask my permission, Dallas brings Rob." She said calmly. That wasn't what I was expecting at all.

It had been almost 2 months since Lia faced up to her father, and I can honestly say that I can see a difference in her, I watched that weight lift off her shoulders and vanish. I loved the change in her, she seemed happier, a lot happier. She was constantly spending time with Rose and Saph, bringing me along as much as she could so she could be with all the people she cared about, not taking advantage of any of us. She was still the same caring person, maybe even more caring now she wasn't worrying so much. It was also 4 days until Christmas. And mine and Lia's 5 month anniversary. Things were hectic at the moment, to say the least.

"Okay, thanks." I said, then quickly hopped off the stool and went to go see Maddie, but was soon stopped by my mom's voice.
"Wait!" She called, causing me to freeze in my place and spin around on my heel. "Don't think you've gotten away with not explaining yourself just because I didn't ask then." She raised her eyebrows and indicated for me to go back over to the island. I hung my head back and slowly walked back over, slumping down on the stool again, my mom standing opposite me.
"So, who's the guest? Do I even have to ask?" She tilted her head to the side a little. I scrunched up my face.
"Does Lia dislike any type of ordinary Christmas food or am I good to serve her everything?" Mom filled the silence, and let me know she knew it was Lia I was on about.
"Uh..I think you're good," I said quietly. "But don't give her too much of everything, give her the same you give Maddie. She doesn't eat much." I added quickly. Mom gave me a soft smile and turned back to the counter where dad's lunch sat. She picked it up and held up a finger to me, telling me she would be back in a second, then disappeared out of the room.

She was back in seconds, and sat beside me at the island.
"So, Lia came to the 4th of July party, your birthday with your friends, your Halloween thing, and now Christmas?" Mom asked me. I was confused as to where she was going with this.
"Where was she for thanksgiving?" She added. I was frowning, but let my face relax at her question.
"Oh, she spent it with her friends, as much as she wanted to come here." I told her. There was no point in me trying to deny anything to my mom, I was going to tell her now whether she knew already or not.

"She wanted to come?" Mom asked. I half nodded.
"I wanted her to come, I wanted her here.." My voice grew quieter as I continued talking.
"We're like.." I hesitated as I watched my mom's face turn from neutral to grinning.
"We're kinda a thing..like..she's um.." I couldn't string my sentence together. Why had it become so difficult to call her my girlfriend?
"She's..?" Mom tried to prompt me, but knowing what I was going to say.
"My..girlfriend.." I said slowly, scrunching up my face as I waited for her reaction.
"I knew it! It's about time! When did it all happen? Tell me everything!" She squealed, clapping her hands together and hopping up and down in her seat.
"Calm down mom, jeez. I'm taking her out tonight to celebrate-"
"Aweee! How long? A month? Two?" Mom cut me off before I could finish my sentence. I laughed a little at how off she was with how long we'd actually been together.
"No mom, not even close. 5 months today." I stated, then watched my mom's face drop.
"5 months!? You kept it from me for 5 months!?" She raised her voice a little.
"Woah chill! Yeah I kept it from everyone for quite a while, I wanted it to just be..ours..for a while, and not everyone's, if that makes sense." I explained myself to avoid her wrath.
"Who knew before me?" She questioned. I rolled my eyes.
"Lia's best friends, Marissa, Dallas, I don't know mom people just figured it out along the way and we didn't deny it. If you'd asked I would've just said." I tried to make the situation better.
"Does your dad know?" She asked, lowering her voice. I shook my head.
"Well I'm not telling him." She smirked as she got up and went to clear up the kitchen.

*****

"Does she make you happy?" Was the first thing he said after I told him about Lia and I. I nodded slowly.
"I love her..she's everything to me.." I said quietly, fiddling with my fingers.
"Then I'm fine with it. If she's keeping my daughter happy, she's welcome here any time, especially Christmas. I hope you've invited her?" He asked. I smiled and nodded.
"Yeah I did, she's grateful that she's even been asked to come. And she's really excited." I giggled a little.
"Well, Demi, I'm glad you found her, I can see a real difference in you since you met her, I like it." He added. I stood up and hugged him, resting my chin on his broad shoulder.
"Thank you, dad." I whispered, before standing back up and leaving the room.

Lia's POV

"So it was all okay? Were they mad?" I asked Demi. I was on my lunch break at work, finally, and knew Demi was telling her parents about us today, I had to find out how it went.
"They were completely fine with it babe, mom got a bit mad that she wasn't the first to know, but she got over it. And dad was just..dad..he was more than welcoming of you into our family." She explained to me. I felt a smile creep onto my face as she spoke to me.
"I'm so happy with you." I blurted out without even thinking.
"I love you." She responded.
"I love you too." I said back.
"Listen babe, I have a few things to do before tonight, so I'm gonna go do them, you need to get back to work so you can leave on time, these reservations won't hold out for longer than 10 minutes if we're late." She told me, still being quite secretive of what she was doing for tonight. I giggled and bit my lip.
"M'kay." I smiled as I spoke.
"I'll see you at 4 when I pick you up, yeah?" She asked to make sure the time was right.
"Perfect, I'll see you then. I love you." I said.
"I love you too beautiful." She replied, then the call ended. I sighed happily as I picked myself up off the floor of the staff locker room, shoved my phone back in the locker and headed back out to work.

(A/N: Sorry it's only short, bit of a filler chapter really and I've been away all week so I haven't had time to write anything until now.

Next update will either be at some point during the week, or again next Sunday.

Thank you for reading, stay strong babes<3 )