Chapter 24

Ryder's POV

An Hour Earlier

"What's your favorite thing to do in the kitchen?" I asked, spinning in circles on my rolls chair.

She scribbled something down, then waited for the right time to toss the notebook in my lap.

"You make it every time!" I groan.

We got board, and made up a game. I spin in the chair, and when she needs to show me the notebook, she has to toss it, and make it into my lap. If she misses- I get a point. If she makes it- she gets a point. By the time it's time for her to go, if she wins I have to do a dare. And if I win she has to do a dare. She didn't quite agree to the dare part, I kind of had to bribe her.

I looked at her flawless cursive hand writing.

'Baking'

"You bake?" I asked, passing the notebook back.

She hesitated, and then nodded.

"To the kitchen!" I yell, as a grab her wrist and drag her down the stairs and into the kitchen.

I go to pantry and get all of the things she'll need to make a cake.

When I was done, I turn to her.

Her face was plain, like always. Her eyes were blank, nothing new.

"Okay. The kitchen is yours. Now make me a cake." I said, a playful look on my face.

She rolled her eyes, and started writing.

When she was done, she gave me the notebook.

'Why should I make you a cake?'

"Because... I'm a great friend, and... I'm your partner, and...ohh, Kendal really likes cake. Don't you think she'd love to come home from her play date to a chocolate cake?" I said, knowing she'd make it for Kendal without a second though.

She stared at me for a little bit, then got up, got the box of cake mix, and hit me in the head with it.

"Ow!" I said loudly, rubbing the top of my head.

And with that, she got to work.
^^^^^^^^^
I wrapped my pinky around hers, and stared at her.

She stared back, surprisingly.

I kissed her cold hand, and watched her.

She finally stopped staring down, and looked at my expectant face.

She slowly brought my hand to her lips.

They were busted but soft, and smooth. And it sent chills down my back when they pressed against my hand.

I couldn't help but think of how her lips would feel on mine...

I looked into her cold eyes.

I kept staring, and then... I saw something in them... But it was gone as quick as it came.

She quickly yanked her hand away from mine, and took a bite of cake, but I had to get the piece on the fork. She was gonna get I tiny piece, and that wouldn't do for me.

She put it in her mouth, and swallowed so quick, i surprised she didn't choke on it.

Then, she ran for the cabinet filled with cups.

I was confused as to what was wrong, and when she was about to drink some water, she took off to the bathroom.

A followed, and when I got there, she was throwing up in the toilet.

I grabbed her hair, and rubbed circles on her back, in a soothing manner.

When she was done, I got her one of our extra toothbrushes, toothpaste, and mouth wash.

She cleaned her mouth, then sat on the lid of the toilet.

I watched as she hung her head in embarrassment.

"Are you okay?" I whisper.

I walked closer to her when she didn't do anything, and she just hung her head lower.

Why is she embarrassed? I don't care about her throwing up. Well, I care. Just not in a mean way.

I squat down, and lift her head up with my index and middle fingers. Then I grab both of her hands in each of mine, rubbing circles with my thumb.

"Don't be embarrassed. It happens to everyone. You're just not feeling well. That's all" I whispered, looking into her eyes as she looked into my own.

"I'm... I'm sorry I pressured you into that. If I'd known you weren't feeling well..." I stuttered, feeling guilty.

She just shrugged, as if saying whatever.

I stared into her dull eyes. And she stared into glowing ones.

Is she wearing makeup? I didn't know she wore that stuff.. At least hers isn't caked. You can barley notice it.

I slowly trailed my eyes down her face. Stopping at her lips.

I imagined myself kissing her busted lip, and her asking for more.

I could feel her staring at me.

I brought my eyes back to hers, and started to slowly lean closer to her.

A/N: TWO CHAPTERS IN ONE NIGH! Sorry if Cake Part 1 and Cake Part 2 suck and are short everyone! It's like 2 in the morning at the moment. So I'm sorry if they suck! Haha. I was gonna stop here, but I decided that I love you all too much to keep y'all in more suspense!! VOMENT!!

We were just a few centimeters away, when...

"BUBBA!!! I'm home!" Kendal yells.

I let out a quite sigh of annoyance.

I stand up, kiss Dawn on the forehead, and walk about of the bathroom.

I ran down the stairs, and when I didn't see Ken, I went into the kitchen.

She was sitting at the counter, with a rather large piece of cake.

She has chocolate icing around her mouth, and cake shoved in it.

"Shish ish a vary good cake" she says, some of it flying out of her mouth.

My mom walked into the kitchen, Dawn behind her, and stares at Kendal. Then glares at me.

"Dawn made it!" I say, pointing accusingly.

Moms smirks.

"And you're cleaning it" she said, putting her bags down on the counter.

"Dang it" I mutter.

I look at dawn to see that she has her things put in her bag, and her bag on her shoulder.

"You leaving?" I asked

She nods

"Bye DD!" Ken says, wiping her face off, and giving her a hug.

I love that they have a bond with each other. And Kendal feels safe with Dawn. She's told me.

"Want me to drive you home?"

She shook her head, and walked out of the door.