Chapter 25

Dawn's POV

I dropped to my knees, squeezing my stomach in pain.

Then fell on my side from a slap he sent to my cheek.

He grabbed my ankle, and dragged me to the bottom of the stairs.

I gave a pleading look to the sobbing Jesse at the top, pleading that he stay up there.

"This is the piece of shit you call a sister?" He grabbed a fist full of my hair, and looked at me, jerking my head back so I was forced to look at him.

"And the piece of shit I call a daughter!" He yells, throwing me to the floor, disgust written all over his face.

"And you're the piece of shit we call a father" I said without thinking.

As soon as I realized what I had said, my eyes were saucers and I held my breath, waiting for him to lash out.

Ryder's POV

"Hey, Bubba?"

I turned away from the TV, and looked at Kendal.

"Yes, Sweet Cheeks?" I asked.

She looked down at my bed sheets, then looked back at me.

"When will DD and JJ be back?" She asked, looking down again.

At first, I was confused as to who "DD and JJ" were. Then, I remembered the nick names she gave the two people.

This question didn't surprise me. Kendal has managed to form a bond with the both of them, and she seems to be the only one Dawn has let in, and they haven't been over in about a week.

Every time I try to make plans for them to come over, using the project as an excuse, Dawn passes. She uses excuses, she ignores me when I ask about her coming over, or she avoids me the entire day. She even stays in the bathroom during lunch so she won't have to listen to my offers for her to come over.

Go ahead and make fun of me for saying this, but it kind of hurt.

"I don't know. I'll ask tomorrow when we go back to school, okay?" I offered.

"Alright" she said, letting out a sigh.

"Can we work on the self defense thingy some more?" She asked with hopeful eyes.

I grinned.

"Whoever gets ready the fastest wins!" I yell as I jump of my bed, and she bolts to her room.

Dawn's POV

I woke up with a jump, and winced, grabbing my head.

"Careful. Your head was hit pretty hard." Jesse said, giving me two aspirin and a glass of water.

I guzzled the water after taking the aspirin, and looked at my alarm clock.

7:09

"Where's father?" I asked

"Business trip." He answered, sitting next to me, I looked at his puffy red eyes, and came up with an idea.

"Spaghetti or alfredo?" I asked.

A small grin spread across his face.

"Alfredo" he answered.

We walked down the stairs, and entered the kitchen.

There was a note on the fridge.

I grabbed it and started reading.

Dawn,