Chapter 45

I'm so nervous to publish these chapters oh my gosh :") I feel like they're bad or that things are happening to fast. If you agree then just tell me in the comments please because I wouldn't blame you- I feel the same

Dawn's POV

It's time to go back to school. I'm going to be so buried in missing work I won't have to even think about Ryder.

One day last week, Ryder waited for Jesse after school and asked about me.

I never brought it up until he came home and asked about it. After I told him everything that happened, he didn't have words.

All he could say was "well that's... that's freaking crazy, sis. Damn."

We go our separate ways, after telling each other bye. I walk to my locker and wasn't very surprised to see Ryder.

Instead of putting up the things I didn't need, I decided to carry everything.

I put my head down, still not wanting to see Ryder. I focus on the tight pain in my back from my dad's belt and the soreness in my stomach from his boots.

One day he's going to kick me so hard I may actually die. He should be more careful. I chuckle quietly at my inside joke.

He hasn't been hitting my face, which is weird. I want to say it feels nice, but now he's hurting my body more. It's like he isn't satisfied with not seeing the damage, so instead causes more hidden damage to get satisfaction with seeing me struggle.

He's psychotic.

Class starts, and I feel Ryder staring. I ignore it.

You're a mute. You're a mute. You're a mute.

There was a quiet high pitched sound next to me.

I slightly look over and see that Ryder has tried to slide his desk over to mine.

I keep watching, a little amused. He kept his eyes on the teacher and they grew wide each time the desk made a louder noise, his lips were in his mouth, as if keeping his mouth shut as tight as possible made it less noticeable. His legs were very slowly dragging his desk next to mine. It's kind of cute.

I did not just call him cute. It's not cute. He's not cute.

I turn my head back to its original position and close my eyes. I focus on the pain in my stomach.

"Psssst," I hear next to me," Dawn," he whispers.

"Psssssssst," he says again, but longer this time.

I roll my eyes and pick my head up off the desk.

"I'm so-"

"Mr. Daniel!" The teacher calls, interrupting Ryder.

Ryder clears his throat. All eyes were on us. I make sure my eye is covered.

"Yes sir?"

"Is what you have to say to Miss Falls so important that you had to interrupt my lesson?" He asks angrily.

"Well, uh, sir..." he looks at me for a minute, then back at the teacher, "yes, it is."

The teacher's face goes red.

"Then maybe you wouldn't mind sharing it with the class, Mr. Daniel," he says.

Ryder looks at me again.

"Okay," he says, never looking away from me, "I just wanted to tell Dawn that I'm sorry," he looks at the teacher, "that I didn't mean to hurt her the other day."