Chapter 39

*not edited*

"A bar?" Beau questions.

We followed Dawn's father for a good half hour, and ended up at a bar outside of town. It's nothing special. There's a bouncer outside, which odd considering you usually only see them at clubs, and very few cars in the parking lot. It looked like an old place.

We watch him walk up to the bouncer, and shake his hand, giving him a short man hug.

"He knows the bouncer? How often does he come here?" I think aloud.

"What if this is where he goes every time? A bar," Beau says, and I get a weird feeling in my stomach.

"But why?" I say, "why does he always leave so fast and angrily? And if this is where he goes every time..." I trail, lost in thought.

Her father walks into the bar, disappearing from our sight.

"When do you think he'll go home?" I ask.

"Only one way to find out."

Dawn's POV

We help each other as we walk up the stairs together.

I clutch my stomach with one arm, and hold Jesse's waist with the other, as he held my waist with one arm and my hand with the other.

We make it to my room, and I lay him down carefully.

As weird as it this may sound, that was new.

He usually only gives Jesse a few petty slaps to the head, and he's done. He focuses on me again. But this time, he didn't stop.

"We need to get out of here," I say quietly.

"Where would we go, Dawn?" He asks me.

I walk into my bathroom, and get the things I need to patch Jesse up.

"I don't know," I say as I enter my room again.

I wrap gauze around his stomach, put peroxide on the few cuts, put ointment on his forming bruises, then go down to the kitchen and get ice packs, and let me tell you the walk back up the stairs was a long one.

I wrap myself up and do everything else, then lay beside Jesse and hold an ice pack to my head like he was.

"He has one hell of a foot," Jesse says with humor as he tries to lighten the tension.

But I find nothing funny.

"Look, Dawn," he says,"I'm okay. You go through that ever day. That was only once for me.'

"Yeah well it shouldn't have happened at all, Jesse."

He doesn't answer. He just takes my hand, and gives it a light squeeze.

"We'll be okay. Not much longer until you're eighteen and we can leave," he says quietly.

I don't answer. Just nod.

Ryder'a POV 

It's been a little over an hour and a half, and Mr. Falls still has not left.

"Jeez, what is this man doing?" Beau asks, a little annoyed.

"How about we just go back?" I ask.

He thinks for a little bit, then agrees.

When we got back to his house, all the lights in Dawn's were off.

We go inside, and decide to go.to bed seeing as we have school tomorrow.

I go to the guest room and lay in bed, thinking about Dawn.

Why does her dad go to the bar? Why is he always storming out? Do he and Mrs. Falls have problems? Is he an alcoholic? If so, I hope he isn't driving himself home tonight.

I turn over on my side, and look out the window. I have a clear veiw of Dawn's house.

I started drifting off right when the sound of a car or truck echoes around outside.

This one was a little boring, I know. But I wanted to update two.

Vomment :P