Chapter 30

Ryder's Pov

I sit at the table Dawn sits at everyday, and wait.

I was in my own little world, twirling the pencil I brought, along with a notebook, when I felt a hand clamp on my shoulder, making me nearly jump out of my skin.

"Whoa, dude," Jon says, "what are you doing over here?" he asks.

"She's here today" I tell him.

"Oh." he says, taking a seat beside me.

I watch the door, watching all the people come in, but only looking for one person.

After a while of waiting, no one else was coming through the doors, but I kept my eyes on them.

I looked down, and was about to give up, when they opened again.

I snapped my eyes towards them, and watched as the familiar boy walked in.

Jesse dragged his feet as he walked, the same way his sister does sometimes, and messed with the bottom of his shirt.

He sat the table he always sits at, with his friends, for a few minutes, but then gets up, and walks towards the one I'm sitting at.

"Where's Dawn?" he asks when he got to the table.

"Your guess is as good as mine" I tell him.

"Why are you asking us, anyways? You two practically have a leash on each other." Jon says with an attitude.

Why is he being so rude?

Jesse glares at Jon, and clenches his jaw.

"You think I'm scared of you?" Jesse says through gritted teeth.

"You should be" Jon replies, trying to intimidate him.

I would say something, or tell them to stop, but I wanted to see how it would all play out, because Jesse doesn't look phased at all. It's actually kind of funny.

This is the problem with Jon; his ego.

"Trust me. If I compared you to the things I've seen, you're no where near scary. Or intimidating. You're really just humiliating yourself." Jesse says, with a deathly glare.

With that said, he turns around, and walks away.

A couple minutes later, I was doodling little faces on a piece of paper, but stopped when i heard a chair scrapping the marble floor.

Dawn sat there, looking back and fourth between me and Jon.

I slide the notebook to her, along with the pencil, and she raises her eyebrows and picks up the pencil.

"Where have you been?" I ask.

Dawn's Pov

"Where have you been?" he asks, making me role my eyes.

I looked at Jon one more time, still wondering why he's over here. I know why Ryder is; he's being a nosy bull.

I start writing something down.

I slide the notebook back to him, and he reads it aloud, so Jon could hear.

"I've been sick." he says, glancing up at me.

He give the notebook back, and I look at all the little smiley faces one of them drew, I don't know which one.

"Well, what about your brother?" Jon asks.

I look up at him, with a questioning look.

He lets out a huff of breath, and rolls his eyes.

"When I'm sick, my brother doesn't get to stay at home, too. Do your parents let both off you miss school when one is sick?" He asks.

I quickly scribble something down, and give it to him.

" What's it say?" Ruder asks, trying to look at it.

"If you'd shut up, I could read it out." Jon says, glaring at Ryder.

He looked back at the writing, and started reading.

"My father is on a business trip, and my mother is visiting my grandmother, so he stayed home to help take care of me." he reads.

It was a complete and utter lie, of course.

"Oh.." he trails.

Then, the bell rings, and everyone makes there way to their classes.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I'm so happy it's Halloween! It's my favorite holiday!

HEY EVERYONE! So i finally made time to update! I know this chapter is boring, short, and it sucks, and i apologize for that. Don't worry, the next chapter will be great! I promise!

WHO LISTENED TO 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER'S NEW ALBUM "SOUNDS GOOD FEELS GOOD" ?! OH MY GOSH IT'S BEAUTIFUL! AND ONE DIRECTION'S SONG "PERFECT" IS AMAZING!

Anyways, i love you all! Have a great day beautifuls!

Vote and comment please!