Chapter 28

A/N: alright. I'm changing Dawns character!! That's her up there!

"W- what?" She stuttered, beyond confused.

"Please don't tell anyone!" I begged.

"I-if you can talk.. Why do you... You know... act mute?" She asked, having a hard time forming the question.

"I can't..." I stopped, thinking of what to say, "I can't explain.."

"But you- and we- I just-" she stuttered.

In didn't think she'd be this shocked.

After a few minutes, she calmed down and was able to form an actual sentence.

"You're a social outcast. And you get bullied. And you have no friends. You are hated by everyone. Everyone thinks you're a freak. And you-" She said, but I cut her off.

"Okay, I get it." I said, staring at my feet.

I walked to the other side of the restroom, and sat against the wall.

She followed, and sat next to me.

"What I'm trying to say is that you get hell for it, yet you continue to fake it.. Why? Wait why do you even fake it in the first place?" She asked, looking at me.

I just stares at my lap.

"I can't tell you why I fake it. But I can tell you why I still do it with all the shit I get for it." I said, looking back at her.

She waited patiently, while I started to speak.

"I am nothing. Always have been, always will be." I began, "the reason I act mute in the first place is because I don't want any friends, as you can see it works." I shrugged, "yeah, I get a lot of.. negativity, but I don't care." I say, looking over at her.

She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why don't you want any friends?" She asked.

"Let's just say that I don't want them to get mixed in with the shit and problems of my life." I answered.

With that, I got up, and walked to the door.

Before opening it, I turned to the girl who was still sitting against the wall.

"You cannot tell anyone! I can't stress it enough." I told her, with nothing but seriousness.

She nodded.

I walked out of the bathroom, leaving Jenny in the bathroom.

****
I woke up, and stretched on the comfy bed.

I took a deep breath, and noticed how amazing the bed smells.

I snuggled into the blankets, and sniffed.

That's when it hit me. And not just the intoxicating smell.

No, what hit me in the face with a brick was this isn't my bed, and where the hell am I?

I bursted up, and looked at where I was.

I looked around the familiar room, and let out a releived sigh.

That's when everything that happened crashed on my shoulders.

The memory, the anxiety attack, passing out, the talk I had with Ryder.

Wait... how did my anxiety attack get triggered?

I thought back to what happened, and after a few seconds I remembered.