Chapter 19

Hey you! Yeah you, the person reading this! You are BEAUTIFUL, and i hope your day is as gorgeous as you are!!

Okay my loves, let's just be honest with each other: the last chapter sucked!! Like, BAD!!!!!!!

But I have an explanation! I was in a rush to update for y'all, and I didn't bother with editing and revising and such! Biggest mistake ever!!!

This chapter is kinda short. I apologize for that.

I've been apologizing a lot latley...

Any whore, Vote and comment (vommet!)!! I love y'all!! :)(:

Dawns POV
••

Jesse and I slowed our run into a walk, taking deep breaths.

"Give me-" I took a deep breath, "your hoodie from-" I took another deep breath, "your bag" I finished.

Jesse took his red hoodie out of his bag, and gave it to me.

I quickly put it on.

"So, I heard that you played today?" Jesse asked/stated.

"Oh... Uh... yeah. But, I really had no choice. It was either play, and stay in that class, or don't play, and get kicked out. Considering that's the only class I actually like, I wanted to stay in it." I said, looking at the ground.

"Hm. Did they like it?" He asked.

"I don't know. They all just stared at me after wards, so I just left." I told him.

"Left?" He asked.

"Well, sort of. The bell rang right when I walked out of the door." I told him.

"What did you play?"

"Her favorite song to play on the piano" I said, focusing on my feet.

We arrived at home, and father was home already.

Jesse's POV
••••
(A/N: SURPRISE!)

I was kind of shocked when I heard that Dawn played the piano, so I asked about it.

She hadn't played the piano in ages!

She played Mom's favorite song. When she said that, my heart sped up a bit.

She loves music. And she has an amazing voice. She sounds like an angel! But, she hasn't sang since what happened that day.

We arrived home, and dad was home, already.

"Go to the hole" Dawn instructed.

I took her bag, and went to her room.

I went into the closet, and lightly knocked around the walls, until I heard a hollow sound.

I pushed the cubby hole open, and crawl in.

I turn on the flashlight, and put the piece of wall back in place.

In every house we've ever lived in, after the abuse started, Dawn and I have made a "hole". It's where I hide when dad is in his "moods". Dawn makes them to protect me.

Dawn tells me not to worry about her, or feel guilty that she does what she does for me. But I can't help it. She basically risks her life for me every night, and day!

She takes beatings so I won't have to. She takes starving herself, so I can eat. She takes the hard the work, while I have the easy work. She takes the pain, so I won't have to.