Chapter 66

Now
I awaken from my nap with a jolt as I hear our door bell being rung nonstop. As well as banging on the front door.

I run the down the stairs, a little pissed.

Who the fuck is that, and what the fuck do they want that's so important.

My mom and I both meet by the door. I guess she heard it, too.

I shrug at her when she send me a curious look, and put my body in front of hers. For all we know it could be someone dangerous.

But, to my surprise, it was Jesse.

Worry over takes me as I take in his appearance.

His face is red, sweat is pouring down it, as well as tears, and there's blood all over his clothes.

"Ryder... I need... I need you to-" he try's to say, but he's completely winded. He's doubling over, gasping for breath. Suddenly, he breaks out into a sob.

"Sweetie, I need you to calm down!" My mom exclaimed worriedly.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"It's Dawn," he sobs, "he hurt her bad, she's bleeding a lot, she needs help, please you need to help her Ryder, hurry!" He screams out as he sobs even harder.

My body springs into action as I pull him inside and hand him to my mom.

"Who hurt her?" My my demands. But Jesse only looks at me.

"You can't take her to a hospital, okay? You can't, she's terrified of them, please just bring her here!" He cries.

"Mom I'll be back," I say as I run to my car. Getting in, I throw it into drive, and speed to her house.

I pull into her driveway, almost slamming into her fathers truck.

I go livid when I see he's here. Now I know who did this.

I bust through the door, not giving a damn as I search for her.

But all I see is her dad. And when I do I immediately go into action.

"Who the fuck are y-" he doesn't get a chance to finish as I throw a punch straight to his face. He falls to the floor.

"You sorry son of a bitch!" I scream as I get on top of him and throw punch after punch. Not stoping. Not slowing down. Each hit gets harder and harder.

I hear a sickening crack after driving my fist through his nose.

He screams, and tries to stop me, but he's no match for me.

He starts to go unconscious, his blood is all over his face and my hands. I see some on my shirt, as well.

I get up, and send one final hard kick to his stomach. Spitting on his face, I continue searching for Dawn.

And when I find her, my heart shatters.

She's lying there in a pool of blood. Her entire face is swollen and bloody. Her shirt is ripped, there's multiple open wounds on her body. She is completely blood soaked.

I go to pick her up bridal style, but she weakly tries to push me away.

"No," she whispers, "no more, please."

"Dawn it's me, it's Ryder," I assure her. She relaxes.

No... no hospitals," she says, almost inaudible.

"Dawn, you need help!" I exclaim. She needs to see a doctor.

"No," one eye flutters open, then closes again.