Chapter 6

Hey! I didn't know what to tittle this one 😂 so I just went with a lame tittle! That up there is Jenny!⬆️

Dawns POV
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"So, how was the first day on the project?" Jesse asked while dabbing my forehead with the warm wet rag.

When we got home, father wanted steak for dinner. Apparently, I put too much spice on it and I ended up getting a bottle broken on my head and a slam onto the kitchen table.

After all of that, father left, most likely went to a bar, and Jesse helped me to my room, and is now cleaning my wounds.

"It was... awkward" I said, fidgeting with my fingers .

He chuckled, which made me smile a little.

"Yeah? He seemed like a jerk" he said with a smirk

"Well... he is, but he's-" I got interrupted by the sound of the front door slamming.

I looked at Jesse. Jesse looked at the bedroom door.

Then, footsteps, that belonged to Jim, slowly made their way up the stairs.

No doubt he's drunk.

I sprung up and ran as quietly as possible to the light switch and turned off the light

I stayed beside the door, just incase.

As the footsteps grew louder, so did my heart beat.

Please don't come in here! I don't feel like dealing with your shit right now, Jim! I silently pleaded

Then, the footsteps stopped right in front of our door.

I could feel and hear my heart racing.

The footsteps, then, carried on down the hallway, and stopped. He's in his room.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I turned on the lamp and looked at Jesse.

His face held fear.

He closed his eyes, shook his head, and then looked at me and pointed to the bathroom.

"You, go clean off the blood and stuff from your face and body." He said while pointing at me.

"I'll get ready for bed" he added.

I got all of my things and went into the bathroom.

I got in the shower and washed my body and hair and such. When I was done, I got out and looked at the damage done to my body.

Same as always. Bruises, cuts, and scars all over my slim body.

I'm so ugly.

My body is so skinny that you can literally see my bones sticking out. It's disgusting. I have curly brown hair that stops in the center of my back. It's so plain. I have dull green eyes. So empty. Full lips that are cracked and busted. Not kissable.

I shook my head.

I don't have time to worry about appearance problems. It's not like I have time for boyfriends or friends, let alone a social life.

It's just that... I'm just... not who I used to be.

I shook my head again and got dressed in my night clothes, which are old stained up grey sweat pants and a long sleeved black shirt.

I went into my room and saw Jesse asleep on a pallet on the floor.

I'm not gonna let him sleep in the floor.

The Bad and The Brokenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें