Chapter 42

Short chapter for right now.

Ryder's POV

"Ryder, wake up!" I hear my mom yell, "You're going to be late!"

I groan and roll out of bed, then make my way to the shower.

I look in the mirror at the slight bruising on my jaw, and remember the guy that had accidentally elbowed me last night.

It was after my second match and I was getting some water, and a guy got pushed into me, making his elbow hit me.

I chuckle at the memories from my matches.

I get in the shower, then get dressed in dark jeans, a black v-neck, and combat boots.

I lay in bed for a while longer, waiting until it was time to go and not bothering with breakfast.

When the time came, I got in my car and left.

***

I got to class early, a little eager to see Dawn since I didn't get to yesterday.

I wait for the bell to ring, and when it does I wait for her to enter the class.

After about three minutes, she still hasn't walked in which is very unusual or her. She's usually early.

When the final bell rang, she finally came in and I realized why.

She had a very obvious limp.

As she staggered, she pursed her lips together, as if trying to keep something from getting out, and furrowed her eyebrows deeply.

Although she tried to conceal her pain, I saw it.

She sat down at her desk, and took a deep breath.

I looked at her outfit. Sweat pants and a large hoodie with tattered converse. Her hair was down and acting as curtain to her face, as always.

I noticed how large the pants were as the hung off the side of chair, and the hoodie hung on her body. Her body isn't as big as her clothing makes her out to be.

Dawn's POV

I sit in my desk and ignore the pair of eyes burning holes in my head.

He wasn't here yesterday, making avoiding him easy. But he's here now.

I wanted to look at him. I wanted to see his face. I wanted to see what I didn't get to see yesterday. But I can't and I won't.

Class started, and everyone talking falls silent.

I was going to listen or take notes, but didn't. Instead i put my head down and tried to ignore the holes being burned into my body by Ryder.