Chapter 33

***Not Edited***

Dawn's POV

I stare out the window, completely ignoring the teacher. I wasn't going to go to class, I was just going to stay I'm the bathroom, but I knew that would only unravel more questions from Ryder, so I didn't.

The trees stood tall and confident. The sun was shining bright. The sky was clear of any clouds. I wish I could be out there instead of in here.

My wrist is swollen more, because of Lucas, and I'm still wet, also because of Lucas... Asshole.

"Alright, class, now write a sum-" the teacher started, but was cut off by the bell.

Students left the classroom, going to their sixth period of the day.

Two more hours, Dawn. Just two more hours, I tell myself, more than ready to leave this hell hole but dreading the one I have to enter afterwards.

I drag my feet to automotive engineering, ignoring the sore feeling in all of my muscles.

I enter the garage type class, and was greeted by the smell of gasoline.

I walk to a corner with a desk, there's not a lot of them- mostly cars and tables full of tools and car parts, and giant tool boxes- and sit down.

My muscles relax, making me let out a relieved sigh. My whole body hurts and my legs feel like they're on fire.

I put my head in my hands, and close my eyes, letting the sounds of drills and car engines fill my ears.

I didn't realize how tired I was, I point out to myself.

Suddenly, there was a tap on my shoulder.

I open my eyes and turn around, only to be face to face with Ryder.

"Who poured water on you?" He asks almost immediately, taking me by surprise.

He hands me his phone, and its already on a notepad for my to type on.

I roll my eyes.

Why does he want to know so bad?

"Why?" I type.

I hate having to type and write everything. Its so difficult. And now that I think about it, I've never had to do this until now. This is actually the only school I've ever been to where people actually talked to me.

I hand him the phone, and wait for him to hand it back.

"Because I want to know. Why won't you just tell me?" He asks with a hint of anger and frustration.

I roll my eyes again, and take the phone back.

"Because its none of your business."

This time, he rolls his eyes.

"Dammit, Dawn," he yells, making my eyes widen in slight fear, and also making people stare. But with one glare from Ryder, they all put there heads down, and focused back on what they were doing.

He turns back to me, and looks in my eyes. His eyes soften as they look into mine, and he takes a step back, casting his gaze on the floor.

"Look," he says softly, "I just want to know. Okay?"