Chapter 3

I step out of Will's place to be and felt drained and lost. This wasn't a part of my plan which makes everything so much worse.

"I'm sorry Mil, I wish I could keep you - you know that right?" Louis' voice brought me back from my slumbering panic attack.

I turn around and swallow seeing his distressed features. "Of course, Louis," I say and pull him into a tight embrace. "Life isn't fair. I do hope you can start over again somewhere else." I withdraw from him and send him a genuine smile. If someone deserves the best in life then it's them. Will and Louis are the best and I'm sure they will get back on their feet and make it happen somewhere else.

"Give Will a big hug when he returns, okay," I order him softly.

"I will. And if you need some help with your father or if you want to borrow some money let me know?" Louis asked in concern.

"It will be fine," I assure him, but deep down I'm just having a panic attack. I'm fucked and not even sure how to fix this mess.

I watch Louis entering the place that he has built up from scratch knowing it won't blossom with customers again, the laughter will die with the bulldozers that will come and destroy this beautiful building full of memories. It's a shame but I guess people with money will always try to terrorize us, common people. They can crush us like we're a colony of termites. It's easy and inevitable, unfortunately.

When I finally get my legs in movement, I know what I have to do. My uncle's office is just a block away so I make my way to him. I look to the right and to the left to cross the road and start to make my way as fast as I can to the other side when a luxurious car stops at high speed just a few inches away from him. He smashes the horn of his car and I can see him aggressively making huge gestures with his arms.

Startled I usher myself to the other side not knowing where he all of a sudden came from. At the look of his car, it probably is one of those cars that can get a high speed in a few seconds.

"What the fuck is your problem?! You're no fucking princess you can cross the road like that! Stupid chick." The aggressive man shouts at me, leaving me vulnerable. I'm praying to God he won't step out of his vehicle and pushes my buttons that I have to go into fight or flight mode. What the hell is his problem anyway as he was the one driving too fast!

"Just fucking drive!" I hiss back from the adrenaline that's building up inside of me.

"What did you just say to me?!" The man pushes open his door and in one swift motion, he's standing beside his car, eyeing me with venom. If he was a dragon I would have turned into ashes already.

"Is this your street?" I ask him, folding my arms over my chest in defense. Cars start to honk their horns because this sick man is blocking the entire street for no reason at all.

Just in time, a woman's voice appears from out of the car. "Babe, let her be. She's a nobody." The woman spits with a massive grin on her face.

I yank my head to the woman but instead of saying something I just swallowed my pride and bite my teeth instead. This is too much for one day, and I'm not sure I can hold my bearings any longer so I turn my attention to the man who's smirking from the scene, probably being proud of his bitchy girlfriend. Fucking pathetic and definitely a waste of my time.

I roll my eyes and start walking away from them. By hearing a door closing, a sigh of relief escapes me. When I turn the block around I could feel their eyes on me, but I kept the urge to look back and pull a fuck you in their direction.

Finally, I make it to my uncle's building, the windows fully covered with advertisements. I swallow and sigh, before urging myself to go inside. Cleaning isn't my strongest ability, but what I hate most is cleaning for them rich assholes. My uncle Garry has a cleaning company, but more for luxurious clientele. I know he pays his employees better than I earned with Will and Louis' but that doesn't mean I wanted to work as a maid under the eye of rich people who can clean themselves but are too lazy to do it.