chapter 29

POV Nick

I look at her while she left and my view catches Devon also looking into the direction of Mila. I'm so fed up with that guy. Why can't he just leave us be? They have to be fucking, right? That's why he always knew how to find us. This can not be a coincidence for the second time.

When we arrived at the pool I already noticed him in the crowd and I saw Mila spotting him as well and that's why she was so distracted. I had to know if she still wants him or if she stays true to our agreement. The kiss was more than okay. Kissing her felt natural and the weirdest part was I wanted her. She's beautiful in a way that scares me because I started to like her character as well. At first I almost regretted taking her into my home as she constantly threw comments to my head about my use of water. There were multiple times she pushed me on the verge of destroying that stupid contract and get her out of my house, but deep down I couldn't.

What if she still fucks him? I know that wasn't part of the deal of our agreement. However she kept her role as my girlfriend in public just as I've asked her to do so. I'm not sure why I feel angry and frustrated as she's done nothing wrong until I'm sure she kept her word. I need to know the actual truth about what had happened between them and what's still going on.

Anger builds up in my core as I see Devon laughing at his girlfriend. Something snapped in me and I march toward them. I needed answers asap.

"What the fuck is your problem!" I snapped at Devon.

"Wow, wow," Devon panicked, quickly stepping away from me. His grilfriend sees us walking away, however she stayed were she was seated.

"I don't know why you're still after my girlfriend but what I do know is that it has to stop now!" I ordered him while persuing him.

Devon is walking from the crowd probably into the direction of security, but what he doesn't know is that I don't care who he asks for help. I will get the answers that I need.

I grab his shoulder and yank him backwards so he had to stop and face me like the coward he is.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He said with his hands in the sky in surrender.

"How did you know she would be here?" I ask him dominantly. "Why do you follow her?" I demanded.

"I'm sorry, I just miss her." He admitted in shock.

"How did you know we would be here?" I demanded again because this can not be a coincidence anymore.

"I still track her phone," He blurted in panic with his eyes downcast. Immidiately I felt horrible for insulting her like that. Why didn't I trust her in the first place? I have a hard time trusting people as they always let me down in the past, especially about the ones that I trusted the most. I've been so generous with her from the beginning and it made me so angry that she would broke the rules while she was the one whom wanted a contract from the start. My body relaxes instantly when the information settles into my mind. She hasn't betrayed me...

"Give me your phone now!" I said shockingly silent to my surprise.

"Why?" Devon asked in shock.

"Now!" I said a bit louder, trying my best to keep my calm.

"Okay," he answered with a shaky voice while handing me his phone.

I throw the phone on the ground as hard as I could, pieces jumping in different directions. Beside me Devon is shouting dramatically, a few people looking into our direction to see what all the commotion is all about.

"Now you can't track her anymore and if I notice you're stalking her ever again, I'll make sure you will be put behind bars is that understood?!" I asked coldly.

"Okay," he answered in frustration.

"It was nice seeing you again," I said with a grin before turning and heading back to were my bag was placed.

-

POV Mila

I'm still fuming as I arrive at the penthouse. Luckily I had a taxi almost right away because if I had to face him right away I would have slapped him in the face. He's the last person that has to judge me or my past life as he doesn't know anything about me. I hate him for what he did, the things he said. Why kiss me first before feeling the urge to insult me? He played me all along and for what? I know he had a girlfriend before me who hurt him, but that's all I know. He doesn't speak about it and I'm still not sure why we have this agreement. The more I think about it the more I feel sorry for him. I had a good reason to keep playing this facade for money, for my father and that would be the only reason to do this.

I arrive at the top floor and look around when I open the door to notice nobody's here. I sigh and make my way to the bathroom, undoing me from my already dryed bathing suit. Quickly I showered and get into a jeans short and red top. I put on my sandals and make a high messy bun as I had no time to waste. I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible before he arrives. A feeling of hurt displayed over my face as a reminder he didn't feel the decency to get me home, or giving me an apology for what he had said.

I was packing a few things in my bag when I hear footsteps coming from the hallway. Silently I curse before quickly locking my bedroom door.

The footsteps stop in front of my door and I hold my breath for a few seconds.

"Mila, I know you're in here." Nick's voice appeared from the hallway. Suddenly he tried to open the door but it didn't budge as I locked it.

"Mila, open the door." He ordered me.

"Why would I, so you can insult me again?!" I spitted out, feeling the anger boil inside of me. "Besides I don't have time to discuss this, my uber is almost here." I added.

"Are you leaving?" He asked coldly and impatient.

"Yes," I answered shortly before putting the last things in my bag.

"You can't leave, the contract..." He tried to explain before I cut him off.

"In the contract there's a paragraph that says we have to treat each other with respect which you didn't value. I'll leave for a few days to think about what has happened and then I'll ..." I explained before a loud noise cut me off, leaving me startled.

Nick had kicked in the door with force which I never imagined he would do.

"You're not going to leave before you hear me out." Nick ordered me harshly.