Chapter 26

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I ask him in utter shock. "How can you not have seen that movie?" I add.

Nick chuckles at my response, the shock must have been visible on my face. "If you say it's that good I'll force myself to watch it and give you an honest review afterward." He says.

"Great," I smile at him, pushing my back against the sofa to get a better position. I can't believe I got him so far to watch The Titanic.

"You are enjoying your little thriumph, huh." Nick joked.

"Of course, I do." I giggle, settling the boll of popcorn between us.

"Well, it's only fair I can pick the next movie don't you think?" He stated with confidence before grasping some popcorn. I watch him chew and couldn't keep my eyes of his mouth. "I know you're afraid of what I will choose," Nick says, returning his gaze toward me.

I take my eyes back to his. "It depends on what you want to see... I hate horror movies." I tell him while taking some popcorn into my hand.

"A horror movie it shall be," Nick winks at me playfully.

"No," I whine. "I can't sleep from those movies," I add.

"Are you serious?" Nick chuckles and takes a sip from his coke.

"Yessss," I tell him truthfully.

"Then I'll reconsider watching something else." He says softly before pressing play on the remote control and making me roll my eyes at his answer.

"Yeah right," I giggle while watching the movie as Leonardi Di Caprio plays cards to win tickets to enter the luxurious Titanic.

From time to time I peek from under my lashes to see if he's enjoying the movie. Sometimes there appeared a small smile and when we were closing in on the epic sex scene in the car, I just got a bit uneasy and I didn't even know why. It's not like we were watching porn or something like that...

"I once sold a car like that one," he interrupts the silence. A broad smile appeared on my face, I'm sure he wanted to lighten up the mood.

"Wow, that's amazing." I answer him, which Nick responded with a proud smile. I bet he's really good at his job, more than I ever would think before. I've always thought he was just a rich guy that got all the luck in life with wealthy parents, but I'm sure there's so much more behind his cold exterior. I got to find out first hand that he's having a difficult relationship with his mother and it even felt toxic at that moment.

While the film got to an end my mind drifted away to the terrible encounter with his mother and also the makeout session that followed. We didn't talk about it in the car, however the first thing he asked while we stepped through the doors of his loft was if I wanted to watch some tv with him. I wasn't tired so I changed in sweatshorts and a loose shirt as it was pretty warm. Nick was also wearing shorts and a shirt.

"Well, I have spend three hours watching a movie I didn't even want to watch and I have to admit it was alright," Nick admits when the film comes to an end.

I turn my gaze and see him watching me. "Just alright? The titanic is epic." I gushed before taking a last sip of my glass.

"Tomorrow it's my turn." He informed me, his eyes shining misschieviously. I was a bit surprised because most of the days he was outdoors in the evenings or working late and now he wants to spend more time with me indoors were we don't have to fake anything. It feels he's truthfull and he wants a friendship with me, something I wished we had done a lot sooner...

-

The next week I visited dad almost every day after work. I cleaned all the kitchen cabinets from the inside, ordering everyhting back on its rightful place. I even washed all the windows from the inside even if they weren't nasty. I just cleaned everything that needed my attention. And then there was laundry to wash, dry and iron. I hated Nick's delicate fabrics and I always wished I wouldn't ruin any of his clothing. He once interogated me if I got the proper knowledge on how to wash and iron his delicate fabrics. For a while now, he never managed to pick out a failure meaning I'm doing a good job at the moment.

This evening Nick planned on visiting his grandmother to give her her late birthday gift. Normally we would have stopped by the next day, but when Nick find out his mother was staying with his grandmother's house he didn't want to go anymore and promised her to visit as soon as she's gone, his exact words. There was hatred involved and I did feel sorry for him because a mother shouldn't behave poorly towards her only son.

When we parked the car in front of an older, but still large villa I instantly got sweaty hands. If Pennwy does not like the idea of the both of us together this can get horrible consequences. Nick has such a great bond with her and I don't want to jeapordize there relationship for a fake agreement. Hopefully he can see it as well because this isn't worth it.

"Let's go," Nick says taking my hand in his. Swiftly he looks to my hand and I quickly free my hand from his grip in an attempt to rub my hand dry against my midi, green halter dress.

"I'm sorry," I tell him. I didn't even get the chance to think about explaning my wet hands when he grabs my hand again, holding it firmly while approaching the large wooden door.

I swallow hard when the door swings open, to reveal Penny in a yellow flower dress, her face lights up when she sees us. Let's hope this will be a nice visit without too much trouble...