Chapter 24

"Can I ask you something?" I eye Nick carefully as he just put a piece of egg into his mouth. With crooked eyebrows, he nods at me.

"Was I that drunk yesterday? I'm not sure if I behaved you know..." My thoughts wander on their own, making some ridiculous ideas.

"You were drunk, but not that drunk." He assures me. "However," he continues and I quickly hold my breath, my eyes growing big as I await his explanation. "I'm kidding, you've only danced, nothing more," Nick says truthfully with a grin plastered on his face.

I breathed out the air I was holding in and relaxed. "Did I dance with other people?" I ask him. Who knows with whom I've been dancing...

"No," he answers shortly before taking a sip of his glass of water.

"Are you sure? I mean how would you know? It's not like you've been looking at me the entire time?" I joked and take a bite from the bacon.

As it kept silent after my question, I quickly look up from my plate to see Nick chewing like he was chewing on a wooden stick because he kept on chewing, ignoring me.

"Nick?" I ask him softly, trying to get his attention.

"Of course, I haven't seen you the entire time," he answers in annoyance. He was fed up with my question and I don't even know why. It could be he was watching me for a while. How else he knew where I was? Then something came to my mind as I think back about his office. He's got numerous cameras. He must have spotted me via the cameras.

"Look I found you through the camera's inside my office." He says suddenly. "When I spotted you-you were dancing alone so..." he informed me while eyeing me closely.

"Okay, that's a relief," I stated calmly. "I would be so disappointed if I had blown up our cover," I explain in a soft voice as I was really scared about that. This contract is important to me as it provides me with so much. I don't want to screw things up by one drunk night.

"You didn't, Mila," Nick says softly before taking his last piece of bacon into his mouth.

"Okay," I answer him. A text appears on my phone and I quickly send a text back to Ben who asked to meet up again at their new pub. I would be happy to look at their new place to see how far they are with construction.

"Mila I've been thinking about the contract," Nick reported, his words caught my immediate attention.

I swallow and gaze at him for a while as this will be the moment I was afraid of.

"Let the contract be for what it is. Let's just start over with a clean slay." Nick added.

"I'm not sure what you mean?" I tell him in honesty. This just caught me off guard.

"I will help you out, financially until you can stand on your feet again and return to your house. All I ask of you is to keep doing what you're doing. Forget about the contract, all the lines, it's bullshit." He blurted out, almost making my head spin as if it was his idea in the first place.

"The more I think about it the more I feel like I'm forcing you and I don't want you to feel bad about this arrangement. You smile a lot less than you used to and that's because of me." Nick admits heavily. This was the first time he talked about such personal things to me. I didn't notice I smiled less...but he did, he noticed and that's a big deal for me.

"It was my decision as well," I answer him after a few seconds of silence.

"But I'm the one with power and that's the only reason why you wanted to do this because of the money you desperately need. It feels like I'm using you." He stated calmly while gazing at my baffled face. How couldn't I be in shock? This was such a revelation from his side.