Chapter 31

POV Nick

"What!" I yelled into my phone while trying to close the buttons of my navy blue dress shirt.

"I'm sorry she must have sneaked into the club without our knowledge." One of the bodyguards said apologetically.

"You're supposed to be head of the team. I pay you enough to do your job, don't I?" I hissed.

"Yes sir. It will not happen again," he answered silently.

I sigh hard and look at my watch. "Keep her in my office, I'll be there in ten minutes," I ordered him before hanging up the phone in frustration.

What the fuck is she doing in my club? Fuck, the date with Mila will have to wait... I even asked Gwen, the party planner I worked with to help me with this date. I don't even know why I want it all perfect because I'm far from it. Despite my imperfections, Mila is pure perfection and she deserves a perfect date. Especially because I hurt her feelings and now I have to be the bad guy again to disrupt her evening.

She can't know about Lucy. I don't want her to know about my original plan to use her no more as bait. I never imagined to feel such an attraction toward her. Is it because she's her sister? I'm still debating in my mind what would be the reason for our chemistry, but what I do know is this feels real, even more real than I've ever felt something for a girl.

Maybe it's even more fucked up that I don't want her to get to know her biological sister... She's fake, selfish, and just false. She would hurt her in a heartbeat and that's why I have to keep it a secret. I have got to make sure she stays away from us.

I put in some gel on my still-wet hair and look at my reflection for a moment. This is what she's going to miss and it's all her fault. She broke me and I will not allow it again.

-

I gently knock on the door, hearing music coming from the bedroom. As I waited patiently, I looked back at my watch and sighed heavily before the most beautiful creature appeared in the opening of the door. Her hair was curly and wild. With curious eyes, I scanned her for a brief moment.

"Nick, meet my wild natural locks," she smiled shyly while scrunching in her locks with a mousse to give her curls even more character. "I decided to give it a go only if I get them tamed," She interrupted the silence with a soft smile.

"You look amazing," I told her truthfully, still mesmerized by the woman in front of me.

"Is it time?" She asked with crunched eyebrows, watching her watch.

"No, no. Although, I need to go to the club. There's a problem that needs my attention first ." I told her earnestly.

"Oh, no problem. I'll make sure to be ready when you're back." She said, but I saw a shimmer of doubt in her face. Of course, she was looking forward to our date and now she's not sure how long this mysterious problem will take.

"I'll be back soon, I promise," I told her while leaning forward to give her a peck on her cheek. As she nods, I turn around and make my way to the club to the person I once loved and now hated with all my heart.

-

While I march inside the club, three bodyguards are standing in front of my office door, one of them checking the guestlist for tonight.

"Mister Donovan, she's inside," my head of security scurried himself beside me. "Do I have to report this after you talked with her?" He asked rapidly.

"No, I'll deal with her," I ordered harshly.

I opened the door with force and locked it behind me. As our eyes locked, I could see she had been crying. Her mascara was a mess, the straps from her yellow top were hanging loose over her arms. The top had a ridiculously low V showing too much to my liking. If I had felt some respect for her I would try to comfort her, but she even killed that side of me.

"What are you doing here, Lucy?" I asked coldly, my arms folded before my chest.

"This club is amazing. I'm sorry I invited myself in, but I had to talk to you. " She informed me in a serious tone.

"I'm listening," I said while lowering behind my desk as I was sure she was going to tell a story that had to be long and not worth standing.

She walks toward me, lowering herself on the edge of my desk. Even her walk was mean. I'm still wondering what I saw in that woman.

She brushes her fingers around the edges of my desk in a rather playful manner. I felt anger boiling into the deepest of my core. Here I was sitting while I had to be home getting ready to go on this awesome date with a woman who's so not like her even when they are blood-related.

"What Lucy!" I snapped irritated. She blinked her eyelashes rapidly and swallowed. The moment I wanted to lash out again as she kept silent I received a message on my phone. Quickly, I look at it to see a screenshot from Jay.

"Don't tell me you're here because of the breakup," I hissed silently as realization hit me. Again, I was her backup plan. Did she think I would take her back after what she did to me?

"He hit me, Nick!" She yelled at me.

"Maybe you deserved it. Go to the cops. I can't help you." I told her in a serious tone, making sure she was on her own now. She's to deal with her shit without bothering me ever again as I made her clear I don't want her in my life anymore.

"I always felt safe with you and I miss you." She whined, her hand reaching out to me.

I cringe, a sick feeling formed in the pit of my stomach. By hearing those words I had to create more distance between us or else I didn't know what I would do. I got up from my seat and as I turned on my heels she yelled, "I'm never going to give up on us, do you hear me!"

"Good luck with that," I snapped before storming out of my office.

My team of security turned their heads in my direction in curiosity. "Throw her out of my building now!" I hissed before pocketing my car keys out of my pants and making my way to the parking lot.

Getting away from this woman was necessary. She would have ruined me if I hadn't left her.

After a ten-minute drive, I was back home. So many scenarios played in my head. The bitch is not going to let go of me that easily. I know her and when she tells me such things I know she's telling the truth. I sigh hard, toss the keys of my BMW on the kitchen counter, and hang on it with my phone in my hand. I quickly texted my surprise there was some delay and we would be on our way ASAP.

As I composed and made sure I looked decent by looking into the large mirror in my living room, I turned to get Mila. I'm walking into the hallway when Mila walks toward me, her heels still in her hand. Her hair was even curlier than before. She was wearing red lipstick and her eyes seemed even bigger with whatever she had done with her makeup. The image of Lucy disappeared in my head and made room for the other sister. The sister I wanted, desired. She was wearing a black, classy mini dress with straps, revealing her beautifully shaped legs and curved hips.

"Oh, you're back," she smiled warmly. "Problem solved?" She asked with the most innocent, cute smile I had ever seen. A sting of guilt filled my core. This was a problem I had to hide from her even if it meant I had to lie even more.

"Yes, everything is back to normal," I assured her composed. She smiled warmly while scurrying beside me, searching her purse.

"Where are we going?" She asked curiously. "Do I need comfy shoes or heels?" She continued.

"Heels and a jacket," I answered her rapidly without any shame. She looks up at me, a grin appearing on her face. I know she's dying to know what I've planned for us. I had to make it worth it just as I promised. This probably is the first time I actually felt nervous about a date.

I watch her walking toward my large dining table as she pushes herself on top of it, her legs crossing each other elegantly. "Can you help me with these heels?" She asked gently.

Without hesitation, I walk toward her, gently grabbing her grey suede lace-up heels. Her legs were so soft that I wanted to explore even more skin of her. I could feel the tension growing between us as I laced her heels just as she asked me to do. I reckon it's becoming harder for me to compose when I'm this close to her. I get up, gently letting my hands rest on her knees as I look into her big eyes.

"Are you ready?" I asked her.

"Let's go," she answered