Chapter 7

(long chapter)

I'm an hour early for work, but Nick Donovan is still out of town so I'm sure it's no problem if I start an hour earlier than we discussed. The sun is shining so brightly that I had to change from my normal glasses into my nightshades. From afar I see Frank standing in the doorway smoking a cigarette and looking at his phone.

"Good morning, Frank." I greet him friendly, quickly changing my glasses again.

Frank jerks his head up and smiles warmly. "Good morning miss Mila. I smile up at him as he was so freaking tall.

I march to the elevator when Frank calls me. "Miss Mila, mister Donovan arrived yesterday after you left. I thought you should know." He says and I can feel myself getting uneasy in an instant. I'm so hoping he's going to behave respectfully like a normal being...especially after dad's outburst yesterday I'm mentally exhausted and not in the mood at all.

I nod and make my way up to his floor, peeking at my phone one last time before I get to work. The door opens and as I thought it's very quiet and peaceful. I scan the room and step out of the elevator setting my bag in the corner. His car keys were planted on the kitchen counter, the same as his wallet.

Silently, I make my way to the closet where I can find all the cleaning products I need. Kneeled, I take a bucket and throw several cleaning cloths in it while humming this song by Justin Timberlake what goes around comes around. It's such a contagious song, especially when I'm feeling down it's a song that can make me feel a bit more normal.

Suddenly I hear someone clearing his throat, startling me as I was so preoccupied with getting what I need to clean. I almost let go of the bucket but I restrained just on time, straightening my back when I see him standing behind me, only wearing grey loose shorts hanging too low for my liking. His abnormal athletic stomach comes into view before I make eye contact with the man I already detest without even knowing him.

"Good morning," he says sternly, his eyes fixed on my face. "You're early."

Of course, he starts a greeting with a friendly insult, what a catch he is...

"Good morning mister Donovan," I say unamused. "Your grandmother told me you were out of town, so I thought I could start a bit earlier," I answer him truthfully.

"Hmm, I see." He says coldly, still scanning my face. The bastard doesn't even recognize me. He's got the brain from a squirrel for sure. If he recognized me he would probably start a fiery discussion about how I should learn my rules about traffic.

"I'm in my office today, so I don't want to be disturbed." He says coldly.

"Of course," I react in the same manner as he is speaking to me, coldly, with no interest whatsoever. If someone would be cleaning my house I would better make sure to get to know the person and offer her a drink or even help. That's how I've been raised, but clearly, not everyone learns the same vallues in life. However, even my childhood is full of lies...

"Oh, and don't forget to change the sheets of the bed each day." He orders me before marching back from which cave he comes from as he has learned no friendly manners at all...

"Jerk," I hiss through gritted teeth before turning my attention back to collecting everything I need to make sure his highness has a clean house.

I walk into his bedroom after cleaning the hallway and his terrace, his scent still present. I have to admit his perfume smells very good. I haven't seen him since our first greeting, he's probably already in his office as it's nine o'clock. I take the sheets from his bed and make my way to the washing machine across the hallway when I notice him coming from the terrace with a cup of coffee, entering the house luckily fully clothed.