Chapter 16

POV Nick

At first I wanted to use her, seduce her into my bed when I saw her at the club. She's a woman I would want back in college, however she's too naive, too good for me. Especially after everything that had happened with her father I just couldn't do it. Normally I wouldn't care less about someone's feelings as I'm certain everyone plays games these days. Nobody is serious in a relationship. Obviously everyone plays their part and some make it their masterpiece.

Despite how I feel about myself it wouldn't be fair of me to treat her like that. That's what grandmother had thought me to always treat other's with respect and it felt like I was screwing her instead of Mila. I don't want a relationship with anyone, not with my ex and defenitely not with Mila. What I desire the most right now is some peace and she can provide me that. Thanks to my proposal all women will back off as they think I'm settling with Mila and Lucy will know I'm over her.

I see her contemplate my proposal, her eyes fixated on the glass in front of her. My eyes wander to her lips as she's biting her lower lip, her thoughts far away. Patiently I wait for an answer because I know she wouldn't jump before making sure she wants to do this.

Her brown eyes search mine as I take a sip of my glass, not even enjoying it as I was too curious of what she would decide.

"What's my role to you, to other's when I accompany you?" She asked me boldly. "Because I'm not alloud to ask any questions I need to know a bit more..." she continues with crossed arms, determined to get more specific information about my proposal.

"I know it's vague, but you need to trust me." I tell her. "But if you want to know your role, I want the outside world to see us as a couple." I tell her with honesty. "It has to look real between us." I add.

Her expression turns into a shocked one and I knew I had to give her more information.

"We've practiced before Mila considering our first encounter in the kitchen." I referred to the moment I had called her my girlfriend when I tried to get rid of that girl. "I will not push you to do anything you don't want. This is a business proposal, nothing more." I say to comfort her worries. I have to be honest and direct, that's the only way this can work and it can be be real to the outside world. Why it will be real to them is because she's different than my other exes. She's more real than they will ever be.

"We have to be a couple?" She asked on a soft, unsure tone which I replied with a small smile.

"And sex?" She blurted, her cheeks becoming a nice color of pink.

"What about it?" I asked her with a massive grin. Now I'm curious to how far she would go. Maybe she wants me and if so I wouldn't complain though.

"I'm fine with kissing, however sex is a no-go." She says sternly, her tone serious making this conversation very pleasant.

"Okay, no sex." I tell her earnestly. I wouldn't do anything she doesn't want to do and it's not like I'm going to have sex in public to let them know we have a relationship, besides it wouldn't be the first time I would bang a girl in pulblic. I have to take this serious or nobody will believe it.

I see her swallowing hard and fidgetting with her fingers.

"However touching has to be included." I add before taking a huge gulp of my wine.

Suddenly I hear someone ring the bell and stand up, making my way to the intercom, seeing a delivery boy with the sushi. "Come on up," I say a bit harsh as I see him as an intruder at the moment. I still don't know if she's ready to give me the yes I want from her. Will it be a bad choice to even ask her? Maybe I had to seduce her like I planned all along, but my gut feeling took over. That damn grandmother of me. It's like she kept staring at me with her index finger pointed at me as a warning to behave and be respectable.

I pay the man and make my way back to the kitchen where Mila's busy on her phone. I settle everything on the table, giving her two sticks. "Oh, I'm sorry but I can't eat with sticks." She says embarassed.

"Really?" I ask her in surprise.

She nods shyly as I turn around and take a fork for her. Who can't eat with sticks?

"That's something I should learn you if you are going to be my girlfriend." I tell her before taking a bite of the sushi with my sticks.

Mila starts coughing after she took another sip of her glass, making me look up in astonishment.

"I'm sorry," she laughs. "It's so weird when you call me your girlfriend." She adds.

I look at her, not amused at all by her comment. I've never had a woman laughing about the idea of having me as her boyfriend.

"I'm a desirable bachelor, Mila. Even when you don't see me as relatioship material you'll have to take it seriously..." I sigh in frustration.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that, but we are opposits from each other, it's just funny to hear it coming from your mouth. It's not like you would fall for me in real life?" She joked before taking a bite of the sushi.

As I see her eat with her fork, it annoys me even more. "If you want to play my girlfriend you'll need to learn to be more confident. Even if you aren't my type I will have a relationship with you and everyone has to buy it." I explain to her in a serious matter.

"Yeah, I know." She answers seriously. "But first I need to know where exactly do you want to touch me?" She added in a demanding way.

I look at her, liking she is contemplating my proposal. I thought it would be harder to get a reaction from her. I thought she would have been more prudish about such topics.

"Your face, arms, legs and your ass." I tell her without even thinking. These are the spots I love to touch a woman in public. I would love to explore other areas but that's out of the question with her as this remains a fake relationship and nothing more. I don't want her to get feelings for me just because I slept with her just for fun.

Mila looks through my wall-to-wall window, chewing a peace of fish elegantly. I gather my thoughts as I see her licking her bottom lip. Well this will be hard for me to be patient and keep my distance with other women as I have a high libido. Shaking my head in annoyance I'm still not sure why I had to propose this, because the truth is I wasn't even sure I could seduce her like I did with those other women. It came natural with them but with Mila I knew it would be much harder and I don't want to wait for months before I could have earned her trust. This needs to happen now while my wounds are still fresh. I'm over Lucy and this will help me to move on knowing I will destroy her as well. I knew she wasn't over me as it was obvious she tried to stall some time by keeping my belongings with her a little longer.

-

After a long silence while having dinner, Mila straightens her back, her stare serious. I lay my hands in my neck, watching her cute mouth open and close while speaking.

"I'm in on one condition." She says.

"Name it," I tell her, encouraging her to continue.

"I want this agreement on paper and defenitely add the no-sex part in it." She stated calmly.

"Don't you trust my word?" I ask her, as I didn't want to settle this officially on paper because then it feels even more rediculous.

"No," she answers right away in earnest while she narrows her eyes.

"Auch," I dramatically lay my hand on my chest. I see a sly smile appearing on her face which made me aware she's very bold and direct just like me. Maybe one thing we have in common...

"Okay," I give her the answer she wants and take one last gulp of my glass. "I'll give you the papers tommorow." I say truthfully.

"It's a deal then," she extends her hand over the table with a small smirk on her face. Is it uneasiness or is it challenge I see in her expression. Hopefully I'm not going to regret picking her as the best candidate to be my fake girlfriend...