Chapter 18

(Long chapter!)

The car ride was boring. He wasn't even trying to make a conversation. The only thing he thought was more important was the expensive iPhone in his hands. Nick called out his personal driver to take us to another club that I'd never heard of. I'm not sure what to think of it as I'm not sure how he wants to talk in a club with loud music surrounding us. Isn't it the point that we have a matching love story? I don't know much about him and he does know nothing about me, so I'm curious as to when he wants to ask more about me, about my life.

After half an hour we arrive at the club. I felt more nervous with each step I make. Nick clutched my hand in his, well I forgot I had to take his hand if we wanted to make sure the outside world would believe this act. Thoughts of my father's disapproval swarm in my mind. If he knew what I was doing for money he would be so mad and disappointed in me, but I had no other choice. I have to pay all the bills and make sure my father's house will be restored. I talked to social services yesterday and maybe there's a small chance my father can come back home if he's stable for a while. That will be the hardest part as dementia has its way with my father's state.

Nick pinches my hand which made me look up at him. "What's wrong," he asked. "You look miserable Mila..." Nick sighs with a dishonest expression.

"Maybe because I am," I tell him in honesty.

"Mila, you signed the contract. We had a deal." Nick says through gritted teeth while he tried to hide his upcoming anger.

"Of course, we have a deal, but I'm not sure if we are on the same page, Nick." I scowl at him as I wriggle my hand free and get ahead of him stopping at the back of the line, and waiting for our turn to enter the club.

"What are you doing? Come with me," Nick whispers in my ear and yanking me with him as he dominantly shoves his hand around my waist. I follow him as I didn't have another chance as he embraced me tightly.

The doorman saw us approaching and pushed other people aside to let us enter the club without waiting in line. Of course, this man can arrange everything like he owns the club.

As we enter the club, Nick leads me straight through the crowd to the upper private area which was less crowded, his hand still around my waist. I look around because you'll never know if you spot someone familiar which would be a big problem. I told everyone Nick offered me to stay at his place as it's huge and would be easy for work, but the most important part I hadn't gotten the chance to tell. The truth is I hate to lie to my friends and family. It makes me terrified to lie and they would see I'm not telling the truth at all because it would blow up the cover story. If they would believe it everyone will and that's what we want.

I sigh when I didn't notice someone I know and settled beside Nick, who for once wasn't busy on his phone. As I turn my head to him, I see him glare at me.

"What's the problem, Mila?" He spits angrily.

"You," I tell him without thinking straight. "You're always on your phone when we need to practice our love story," I explain to him.

"Lovestory?" His expression changed in an instant to an amused one.

"Yes, our love story," I point with my index finger between us. "We need to have a matching love storyline, like how we met. When we fell in love and we need to know a lot more about each other." I inform him. "What if someone asks questions?" I ramble but was cut off when he places his index finger on my mouth to shut up.

"You think too much and you talk too much." Nick smiles at me, "Despite you're annoying at times you're right. We need to have matching stories, but today we can relax a bit and you know why?" He explained with a soft expression.