Chapter 19

POV Nick

Mila's body reacts in one swift motion. Her gaze was a bit startled because of the man in front of us. He already pisses me off and I don't even know him. I turn my head to see the girl who was with him. She clutched his hand and the way she just hung on his shoulder with her other hand she must be a clingy person.

"Hi Devon," Mila answers nervously like she was truly startled to see him here. She knows him well and I presume it would be one of her ex-boyfriends.

"How are you? I have heard about your father and the house. Is he okay?" Devon asked.

"Yeah, it's been hard, but my father is doing well at the moment." She answers politely, letting her hands entwine on her lap. She's still sitting on my lap but barely aware of my presence so I make sure she doesn't forget I'm here for her, not him, so I lay a hand over hers in a protective way.

Devon turns his gaze toward me in curiosity. I adequately extend my hand and introduce myself as my future girlfriend kept silent.

"I'm Nick, Mila's boyfriend and you are?" I ask him as he shakes my hand in return. His sweaty hand gave me a vile feeling.

"I'm Devon, uh Mila's ex-boyfriend." He admits while clenching his jaw. Was he jealous? He should be and it even makes me wonder why they split up in the first place.

The woman beside Devon clears her throat and also introduces herself in return, "Hi guys, I'm Sofie." She giggled tipsily. "And this is my man," she says dreamily making eye contact with Devon, who in return had more eyes for Mila.

I tighten my grip around Mila's waist, trying to get some kind of reaction from her, and as I was just planning to kiss her on her cheek she turns her face to me our lips brushing against each other by accident. It didn't matter to me as I was planning to kiss her tonight, however, it would have been consensual. I would have asked her first as it was something she wanted to know beforehand, but it happened by accident.

At first, her body tightened and I had to make sure she would let me. I knew the first time would be hard for her as she got her principals, but she knew we had to make out for credibility and it has to be real. Quickly I lay the palm of my hand on her cheek, my other hand still resting on her hand.

Her breath felt warm, her touch insecure, so I deepened the kiss still with no tongue. It's not the time to overwhelm her yet. She answers my kiss and I had to admit the kiss was nice. She was a good kisser indeed. Her body relaxes and softly she withdraws from me. With her lips parted she stares at me, giving me a feeling of triumph. She liked it.

Then I hear Devon clearing his throat, so I turned my gaze to him. How annoying is he? Isn't it obvious she moved on?

"It was nice to see you again," Devon says with his eyes fixed on the woman beside me who luckily composed very quickly.

"Likewise," she answered politely with a small nod, trying her best to smile while they left our booth. Finally, they are gone...

"Why did you do that!" She hissed angrily, almost jumping from my lap to make enough room between us.

"Why are you mad?" I ask her, not sure why she's angry at me because the kiss was good.

"Why did you kiss me while Devon was here? It wasn't necessary to do that." She whines in frustration. "I signed the contract to help you-you don't need to help me with my problems." She says in annoyance, gulping away her drink with force. She waves at a bartender and orders a double martini.