01

D E M I T R I

To say I was pissed would be an understatement. I just want my money and return to my house.

This bastard thinks he can get away with not paying me. Wait till I get my hands on him. I'm not known as the devil for no reason.

My driver, Sam, stopped in front of the house. It looked relatively big, but simple. It wasn't a mansion, nor a double story, but it was still big.

Going to the front door, I knocked. I may be a Don, but I'm mannered enough to know how to knock.

The door opened when I was about to knock again. I saw a girl who looked very thin and very small, well compared to me I guess, girl.

Something drew me to her, it was calling to me like a siren song.

"May I help you, sir?" Her angelic voice rang out. She didn't look at me in the eye.

"Yes. I'm here to see Keagan." I told her, she shuffled to the side letting me in.

We walked further into the house. I could hear chattering as we got closer.

"F-father, someone is here to see you." The girl meekly said, stuttering a bit.

I watched as Keagan turned he's head, looking over our direction. He immediately stood up. He paled, you wouldn't have noticed, with how dark his skin is but I noticed nonetheless.

"Uhm, Mr Ivanov, I wasn't expect you." Keagan said, nervously looking around the room, at the small family huddled on one couch, and who I assume to be he's wife and other daughter.

The girl who, I now know is his daughter, was still standing close to me. Not that close.

"Hmm. I wasn't expecting to come here." I said, walking towards the only available seat in the room. "But unfortunately you didn't meet your deadline. What to do now?"

I saw him starting to tremble. He looked at the other family with he's head slightly bowed.

"I humbly apologize, but I'm going to have to ask you to leave." He said in the most apologetic voice I've heard.

"No, no. It's OK. We understand." The older man said. They exchanged their goodbyes while I waited.

What I noticed was how they took the other girl with them. She blatantly tried flirting with me. After receiving a sharp glare from me, she left with them.

"Mr Ivanov I can explain." Keagan started. I nodded my head, going to listen to his excuse before killing him.

"Well, sir, my eldest daughter is getting married. I have been investing all that money to the wedding." Keagan explained, he sounded like he was begging for he's life. I just smirked.

"Sir, please spare him. He's all I have." The woman said, going on her knees. "Sir we'll do anything, just please extend the deadline."

"Mmhmm," I smirked. I turned my head to look at the girl. She made no move to beg too. Interesting.

"Tell you what," I started. I looked at the couple in front of me. "Your deadline will be extended for 30 minutes. Think fast on how you'll pay up."

"Sir, I can't make that deadline." Keagan said quickly. He got up from he's knees.

"Tick tock." I chuckled, it was not a humorous chuckle.

"We... we could.. maybe sell her to you." The woman said, pointing towards the girl. She looked very sure about this and looked toward her husband.

"That was a plot twist." I said out loud, faining shock. You'd be shocked to know how many people sold their family members to me.

I looked toward the girl who now had tears in her eyes. What shocked me though, was that she didn't fight back. It was like she accepted her fate.