22

T  H  I  R  D   P  O  V

The atmosphere was tense. The already cold court room got colder.

Rosabelle sat with her fingers crossed as she sat shivering in her seat. Demitri drapped his arm around her shoulders to keep her warm.

Everyone's muscles looked locked as they were tense. The team of Prosecutors were on the edge of their seats but tried to look professional and relaxed.

The journalists had their cameras flashing as they tried to capture every little moment.

"This court pronounces both cases," The Judge paused looking at Demitri regretfully. "Not guilty. They are free to go," She hit the gavel, signaling the end of the court.

"All rise," The announcer, announced as the judges got of the platform and went to their offices in the back. "As you were,"

An officer came up to Demitri and Rosabelle with the keys to their handcuffs.

He untied Rosabelle first and then untied Demitri grumbling the whole time.

"Did you hear that Prosecutor? Not guilty." Demitri said as the prosecutors prepared to leave.

"This was an unfair trial. You bribed or threatened the judges," The Prosecutor from before said.

"Isn't that defamation of character. Isn't that you said. And kindly refrain from talking to my client without my presents." Maksim said, standing infront of the prosecutors.

The prosecutors scoffed and walked off. Maksim turned to the two and smiled. He escorted them to the parking lot where alot of reporters were already waiting for them.

"This is intense," Rosabelle muttered underneath her breath.

"I'm here," Daniel said as he and Alejandro fought through the mass of people.

"You two attract a crowd faster than celebrities and Presidents combined," Alejandro said, panting slightly.

"Bruh, man up. What type of man pants after fighting his way through a crowd?" Demitri asked, his eyebrow arched like he was annoyed.

"The type who has a splitting hangover and is going to face a serious lecture from his wife," Alejandro said, which made Rosabelle visibly perk up.

"Rhani? Is she here? When last have I seen her?" Rosabelle asked, looking around while standing on the tips of her toes.

"No, she's at home." Alejandro said, almost in a dismissive tone.

"Stay here, I'm going to fetch the care." Demitri told Rosabelle and went to kiss her cheek.

"Nah bruh. You're not leaving me here with these weirdos. No offense guys," Rosabelle said in a joking manner.

"I'm taking 300% offense to that. How dare you call me a weirdo?" Daniel said, his hand flat across his chest.

"I'll pretend like I didn't hear that but Rhani says hi and congratulations for leaving prison and coming victorious," Alejandro said looking at his phone.

"Let's go. Don't answer any questions, ok?" Demitri said like he was talking to a child.

"Fuck you for talking to me like that," Rosabelle answered, putting her hand in his larger one.

Demitri walked forward with Maksim on his right and Rosabelle on his left.

There were alot of reporters blocking the way to the car. They were all shouting over each other trying to get there questions across.