02

R  O  S  A  B  E  L  L  E

The maid outside took me to a room. I kept my head down the whole walk there. I carried the black bag containing my clothes.

I struggled to breathe but I carried on walking. I walked into the room the maid showed me to. I lifted my eyes and said a small 'thank you.'

I blinked my tears away. But there were some that slipped making it harder to breathe. I walked to the bathroom.

I spashed water on my face. I removed my clothes to check the damage. It was pretty bad but it's not the worst I've had.

I think I broke a rib or two,

I got into the shower to ease the pain a little bit. I tried the breathing exercises my doctor showed me once.

After a while in the shower I got out, my breathing a bit better. I looked through my clothes for the ointment.

I applied it to my wounds. Everything hurt at this point. I dressed in the white shirt I sleep in. I took in the room I was allocated.

It was really beautiful. If it were under different circumstances I would've really admired it.

I can't believe my parents sold me so they could pay for my sister's wedding. Father did have the money to pay atleast half of he's debt back.

But what did I expect? They never really liked me. They only ever tolerated me. The did however dot over Innocentia. Innocentia was their top priority.

I sat on the mattress which was extremely comfortable. At this rate anything would be comfortable, other than the cold floor and thin blanket.

I blinked tears back again. I didn't want to cry over this. Plus if I do cry, I'll be in a lot of pain.

I stood back up and removed the blankets and pillows, so I could sleep. I turned off the lights and laid on my back trying not to apply pressure onto my ribs.

~~

I heard a loud thud outside my door. Then the door opened. I turned on the lamp beside the bed and the room lit up.

I saw Mr Ivanov stumbling in. He looked very drunk. I got up to help him on the bed, since I don't know where his room is. He fell right into my arms when I was close enough.

He cuddled into my chest. I stood there not knowing what to do. I'm not stupid. I've heard things about him. I'm not stupid enough to push him away.

I just tried my best to walk over to the bed and place him on it. The walk seemed longer but after some struggling, I finally got him on the bed.

I took he's shoes off for him and swang his legs onto the bed and covered him with the duvet.

I took a pillow and one of the throw blankets and slept on the floor. I mean what is one more night on the floor.

~~

I woke up early and went to go prepare breakfast. I left a glass of water and pain medicine on the night stand for Mr Ivanov.

I prepared alot of food, I'm not sure for how many people but it took me an hour to make.

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I kept my head down and added some finishing touches to the food.

I glanced up to see it was one of Mr Ivonov's friends. He sat on the island waiting for me to serve him his food.

I dished out everything and even got some orange juice for him. I served him he's breakfast.

I cleaned up my mess and went back to the bed room I was sleeping in to see Mr Ivanov still hasn't woken up. I walked to the bathroom to shower once again.

At least he looks to be at peace,

When I was done, I walked out with just a towel around my body. I assumed Mr Ivanov was still asleep. When I walked out, Mr Ivanov was indeed still asleep.

I made fast work with dressing up. I wore a black oversized top with ripped jeans. I was about to wear my sneakers when I was suddenly slammed against the wall.

I groaned feeling the impact in my ribs and on my head. My head literally bounced at the impact.

"What am I doing in here?" Mr Ivanov growled at me. I avoided eye contact.

"Y-you were d-drunk, and y-you st-stumbled in-into my r-room and I don't k-know where your room is." I stumbled over my own words trying to explain to him what happened without saying something that will get me killed.

Then again dying doesn't sound too bad. I'd finally be freed from this life I live.

"No. That's not true. I know exactly where my room is. I'm sure you did this. You lured me to your room, after all you South Africans are known for witchcraft." He sneered at me, lifting me up by the neck.

Despite the physical pain, I felt hurt. How dare he assume that about me? I don't even know the basics of witchcraft. And could he imply that I wanted to take advantage of him?

"I did not. I don't even know a thing about witchcraft." I said, feeling anger bubble up.

"Then how do you explain me just walking into your room?" He retorted back.

"I don't know. You might have lost your way or something." I said feeling his grip on my neck tighten.

"You are lying. You better hope for your sake you didn't take advantage of me." With that he threw me on the floor and walked out.

I curled up on the floor crying. Everything hurts. I could feel one of my old wounds open up.

It had taken its time healing. It still wasn't healed properly.

I laid there not moving. If I stay like this I could bleed out. Which is a good thing, that means I can finally die.

I live a life not worth living. So I'll die. No one wants me around.

Not my family. My boss, if you can say that, accused me of something vile. I'm useless. I'm unvalued. I'm a burden.

My family had expressed this so many times. They'd torment me. Since my dad was somewhat important no one interfered in our lives.

"I shouldn't have given birth to you. You're a useless little brat. I should've gotten an abortion."

"I knew you were a useless whore the day Natasha popped you out. Why can't you be like your sister? Your life would've need much better."

"Mom made a mistake. You're a burden. She should've left you in the hospital or better yet, she should've thrown you in a bin."

Goodbye sad life. I hope this will get better.

I heard the door open but it was too late. My vision blurred closing my eyes. Black dots were in my vision. I blacked out.

Goodbye life.