bonus 1

D E M I T R I

It's been 6 months since I found Rosabelle with our son, Alexander Nkosiyabo. It's been ... a rather interesting experience, to say the least.

Let's start with the obvious, noise. That's the problem though, he doesn't wake up at night. You put him down to sleep, and it's like he's dead.

I had to check if he was still breathing countless times during our first month together.

Don't forget that he's a deaf baby,

He's not deaf, he just chooses who he wants to listen to and at what time.

I swear that boy has an attitude problem. He's such a grumpy baby. And he's only 6 months old. It's only going to get worse as he gets older.

Let me make an example, let's take now for instance. Rosa is upstairs taking a nap, Alexander is chilling in his baby rocking chair.

Elaine and Gabriel sat on the floor across him, with Elaine heavily pregnant she looked like she was ready to pop.

I'm envious of him.

Why?

He gets to be part of the pregnancy journey too, not just the after birth part.

I know how you feel,

I felt a pang of sadness as I saw them working together to get Alexander's attention.

They did baby sounds, they brought some rattling toys near his face to gain his attention. Alexander just looked at the stares, knowing he's mother will come down in any second.

Even before that, he was pretending to sleep, but actually fell asleep. He woke up ten minutes ago when Elaine thought it would be a good idea for him to eat.

He just looked at the food and turned his head to the side. He even grounded his gums, to stop anything from going in or out.

Alexander is a teenager living in a baby's body, Lucifer snickered.

Now that you've mentioned it,

I chuckled, which caught Alexander's attention. He turned his head to look at me, then did grabby hands. He even contorted his face to look like he was about to cry.

"No need to cry little man, I'm coming to get you." I told him as I stood up from my seat, placing my laptop on the side.

I took three long strides and I was in front of him. I sneered at the two as I picked up my son. I held him in my arms and walked over to the kitchen where Elaine placed his food in the microwave.

I heated it up for 30 seconds, then went to go sit in my spot again. When I sat down, I heard Elaine sniffling in Gabriel's arms as she cried.

"I don't know why he doesn't like me, especially with his mother around, he won't acknowledge my presence," I heard her mumble into his shoulder.

"Alright little man, you gotta eat. If you don't eat, your mother will be very upset with me if she wakes up with you starving. So please, help me, help you by feeding you." I told him, while we both held eye contact.