18

D   E   M   I   T   R   I

I stared at Rosa who sat on the mattress that was in our holding cell.

She's been ignoring me, like I don't exist at all. She had her arms folded as she frowned with her eyes closed.

I've tried reading her mind. I've been hearing other people's thoughts and I've waited in hopes to get sniplets of whatever is going on in her mind, but nothing came.

That's a face of a woman angry at her partner,

But what did I do?

You should figure it out, you're the one that did something wrong in her eyes.

I don't think I've done anything of that sort.

That definitely means you've done something,

"Rosabelle," I called her but she pretended like I didn't say a word. "Baby talk to me," I asked gentler this time going to sit beside her.

Still no response. I sighed and pulled her to sit on my lap, straddling me.

I peaked her on the lips, kissed both her cheeks, her nose, her forehead. Then finally I noticed that she was trying to contain her smile.

"Are you ready to talk now?" I asked her, as we made eye contact.

She nodded her head subtly and took a deep breath. "Why did you flirt with the clerk. . with me clearly standing beside you?"

That's what you did wrong idiot, you looked at another woman when your woman was in your presence.

I mentally rolled my eyes at Lucifer's comment. I mentally kicked myself for not realizing that that was the issue.

"Baby, that didn't mean anything, ok?" I told her, putting my hand on her soft cheek.

"That's what all guys say," She sighed rolling her eyes, looking to the side.

"I don't lie." I told her firmly, which is true.

I despise lies and liars. I'd never lie, especially to her. I don't care if I get killed for telling her thr truth.

She just huffed but didn't make any moves of moving off of me. Instead she leaned forward and laid on my shoulder.

I rub her back, in what I assume is a soothing manner. I heard like sniffling as I felt light patches of wetness on my shirt.

I had taken off my jacket a while back. I pat her back gently, letting her cry all she wanted.

"Do you know how humiliating that was? You openly and bluntly flirting with her?" She said sound so defeated.

Her right hand wrapper tightly around my left bicep. Her left hand fisted my shirt on my right shoulder.

She pulled back to see me blankly staring at her, "And you don't seem to fucking care!" Rosa yelled and moved off my lap.

She crawled to the floor where she laid down the blankets and laid on top of them. She had her back towards me the whole time.

I started to feel a little guilty-

As you should,

Bruh, you're not helping!

I'm not supposed to be, live with your guilty conscience.

I sighed and waited for her to cool down. I could see her shoulders stop shaking, her body relaxing, indicating that she fell asleep.

I go over to her and picked her up. She made a fuss while I tried to sooth her, putting her on the mattress.