12

R  O  S  A  B  E  L  L  E

After the whole incident Demitri took me to this beautiful room. The lights were dimmed but you could still see clearly.

Maybe not that clearly,

The high ceiling had drapes hanging from the center to the walls. The drapes had fairylights which lit up the room.

There was a diamond chandelier hanging front the center of the ceiling.

From what I can see, there was a window direction above the chandelier that shone moonlight directly on the chandelier which made it sparkle.

I think the theme is black and red, since most people were wearing black and red, or just black or just red.

"I'll explain that once we sit down," Demitri whispered in my ear.

I nodded my head while looking at him with wide eyes. He took me to a bar in the corner of the room.

Even though there were servents walking around with trays that have champagne.

"Vodka, make it a double. Add ice." Demitri told the bar tender. "What you like, малышка?" Babygirl.

"I'd like to try out some wine." I told him, knowing it'd be my first time drinking alcohol.

Alcohol wasn't a luxury I could have back home, not because we couldn't afford it, but because, well I couldn't afford it and I was rarely allowed to leave the house after 4 failed attempts to escape.

"Red wine for the lady, the most expensive." Demitri said, not even looking at the guy.

Walter, his name badge said, nodded and got to work while I looked around.

There were alot of people in here. At least it was as warm as Demitri promised.

Everyone was just socializing with each other, laughing at corny jokes.

"Here you go," Walter said putting our glasses on the bar table.

I took a sip of the wine, letting the flavour stay in my mouth for a minute.

I don't even know what to compare it to, but I know that this is my favourite drink now.

"I'll stock some more at home for you," Demitri said, looking at me.

I nodded my head, drinking more of the wine. Sooner than I'd like the wine was gone. Demitri got us a refill before we walked around.

First we approached an elderly couple, that looked oddly familiar. Demitri cleared his throat to get their attention.

The couple turned around, and I got a good look at them. That's when I realized, these are Demitri's parents.

"Mother, Father," Demitri said, his voice tight almost like he was forced to speak.

"My baby boy," Mrs Ivanov came to hug him, but he took a step back, making her stop her actions.

"Demitri," Mr Ivanov said, giving him a nod.

"Who is this?" Mrs Ivanov asked, after recovering. She was looking directly at me.

"Rosabelle," Demitri answered. I looked between him and his parents.

"Pleasure to meet you, Mr and Mrs Ivanov." I say, extending my hand.

I shake both their hands. Mrs Ivanov had a gentle hand shake, with soft hands. Mr Ivanov's hands were rough and firm.

"The pleasure is ours," Mrs Ivanov responds with a gentle smile.

"Well, we've exchanged pleasantries. We'll get going," Demitri said, forcing a tight smile on his face.